Premiership Rugby Cup - Sarries vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Premiership Rugby Cup - Sarries vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

I'm thinking a team like this, however don't know about availabilities and injuries etc...

1. David Fe'ao
2. Jake Kerr
3. Joe Heyes
4. Sam Lewis
5. Cameron Jordan
6. Henri Lavin
7. Tommy Reffell
8. Fred Tuilagi
9. Felipe Ezcurra
10. Joe Ford
11. Sam Apsland-Robinson
12. Tom Hardwick
13. George Worth
14. Adam Thompstone
15. Jordan Olowofela

16. Harry Mahoney
17. Facundo Gigena
18. Gaston Cortes
19. George Martin
20. Thom Smith
21. Ben White
22. Matt Smith
23. Freddie Steward
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Probably Rubbish Cup - Sarries vs Tigers

Post by Mark62 »

I think there are a few first choicers returning that need some game time, Spencer, Kitchener Cortes, don’t think Genge is too far away either
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 am I think there are a few first choicers returning that need some game time, Spencer, Kitchener Cortes, don’t think Genge is too far away either
Perhaps we might see first-teamers on the bench, I’d actually love to see Toomua at flyhalf again, I think Cole should be rested. Mapapalangi might be involved too to be honest.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 am I think there are a few first choicers returning that need some game time, Spencer, Kitchener Cortes, don’t think Genge is too far away either
Perhaps we might see first-teamers on the bench, I’d actually love to see Toomua at flyhalf again, I think Cole should be rested. Mapapalangi might be involved too to be honest.
I know Toomua has not been picked for the New Zealand game but I expect him and TPN to join up with the Aussies once they get here
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ah good point, I would start Hardwick but I think we’re quite light in the centres.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would have 3 teams of
V Sarries
1. Gigena, 2. Kerr, 3. Heyes, 4. Voss, 5. Lewis, 6. Lavin, 7. Reffell, 8. Tuilagi
9. Ezcurra, 10. Hardwick, 11. Aspland-Robinson, 12. Worth, 13. Smith, 14. Thompstone, 15. Steward

16. Mahoney, 17. Grahamslaw, 18. Cortes, 19. Jordan, 20. Smith, 21. Law, 22. Ford, 23. Thacker

V Worcester
1. Faeo, 2. Stevens, 3. Heyes, 4. Kitchener, 5. Fitzgerald, 6. Lewis, 7. Reffell, 8. Tuilagi
9. Harrison, 10. Hardwick, 11. Aspland-Robinson, 12. Worth, 13. Smith, 14. Thompstone, 15. Olowofela

16. Kerr, 17. Gigena, 18. Cortes, 19. Jordan, 20. Lavin, 21. Ezcurra, 22. Ford, 23. Thacker

V Sale
1. Faeo, 2. Stevens, 3. Heyes, 4. Spencer, 5. Kitchener, 6. Williams, 7. Reffell, 8. Tuilagi
9. Harrison, 10. Hardwick, 11. Aspland-Robinson, 12. Worth, 13. Owen, 14. Thompstone, 15. Olowofela
16. Kerr, 17. Gigena, 18. Cortes, 19. Wells, 20. Lavin, 21. Ezcurra, 22. Ford, 23. Smith

With something like this for the first prem game.
1. Bateman, 2. Youngs, 3. Cole, 4. Spencer, 5. Wells, 6. Williams, 7. Reffell, 8. Thompson
9. Harrison, 10. Toomua, 11. Aspland-Robinson, 12. Eastmond, 13. Owen, 14. Thompstone, 15. Olowofela
16. TPN, 17. Faeo, 18. Heyes, 19. Kitchener, 20. Lewis, 21. Ezcurra, 22. Hardwick, 23. Worth

That would be my initial vision but obviously players get injured or their performance forces a selection.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Hopefully BOC will be fit to play 7 at Glaws RB. Also fair chance Holmes won't be needed by Wales in their match day squad.
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Has Voss returned? He’s been playing well for Coventry bar a yellow card.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I can see Smith being given the start ahead of Tuilagi, the start in preseason and recent insta stories would suggest this.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

On BBC radio Leicester after the match they said Evans was a week away. Hopeful.
I assume Voss has a recall option on his loan during this period.
If true then I expect something like:
Gigena, Kerr, Heyes, Jordan, Voss, Reffell, Evans, Tuilagi, White, Hardwick, Aspland-Robinson, Smith, Worth, Thompstone, Olowofela

Reps: Mahoney, Faeo, Cortes, Lewis, Lavin, Ezcurra, Ford, Thacker
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Sarries vs Tigers

Post by voice of the crumbie »

The likes of Spencer, Kitchener, BOC and Telusa (if recovered) need game time so they can be ready for return to the premiership. I can see an argument for putting them on the bench or giving them 40 minutes at the start. That still gives plenty of opportunity for our younger players.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm The likes of Spencer, Kitchener, BOC and Telusa (if recovered) need game time so they can be ready for return to the premiership. I can see an argument for putting them on the bench or giving them 40 minutes at the start. That still gives plenty of opportunity for our younger players.
Absolutely, but I'd have a mind to keep all of those you mentioned rested next week to avoid Sarries' plaggy pitch - clearly you can get injured on grass too but there's just something in the back of my mind saying stay away from the artificial surface, particularly BOC and TV.

Give them some game time at our place for the following 2 matches.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I am sure in the latest Tigers TV interview with GM he said of BOC something like "he has a small break in his hand and would be not too many weeks out" or similar so not jntended as a direct quote. I did not get the impression we would see him for at least 3 weeks. It is also possible I completely misunderstood what he was saying.
As Good As It Gets
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm The likes of Spencer, Kitchener, BOC and Telusa (if recovered) need game time so they can be ready for return to the premiership. I can see an argument for putting them on the bench or giving them 40 minutes at the start. That still gives plenty of opportunity for our younger players.
Absolutely, but I'd have a mind to keep all of those you mentioned rested next week to avoid Sarries' plaggy pitch - clearly you can get injured on grass too but there's just something in the back of my mind saying stay away from the artificial surface, particularly BOC and TV.

Give them some game time at our place for the following 2 matches.
Agreed. Give them a week off with the rest of the 1st team and then play them.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With Spencer obviously coming from Worcester, playing him at Sarries isn’t a bad idea.