Tigers v Scarlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Scarlets

Post by Ian Cant »

Their fans have been great whenever we have played them: good banter, passionate and pretty honest.
Forget the injuries Scarlets have a decent squad out and for them it is Wales v The English. Tough night ahead but well done Geordan, who seems to be looking at the longer term, giving youngsters a chance so they are well prepared for the future. Better get Holmes signed up for the next two seasons though as the Welsh clubs will be after him!
Will be loud and proud at Welford Road tonight.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

When I used to follow the Whites (Swansea) in the days before Ospreys, going to Stradey Park was a date crossed off my calendar after the first two occasions. Made Glaws fans look like genteel old ladies.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Llanelli was a breeze compared to Neath and Pontypool..... Remember Goodey( I think)scoring at Neath and we nearly got beaten up....
Mundo72

Post by Mundo72 »

Pontypridd was by far the worst in Welsh rugby. TBH the scarlets back 5 aren't bad at all, considering how many they have missing. No jake ball, Steve cummins, James Davies, Aaron shingler Lewis Rawlins. Boyde and Macleod have about 70 1st team games along with bulbring, Thomson over 50 super rugby caps for the canes.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:38 pm When I used to follow the Whites (Swansea) in the days before Ospreys, going to Stradey Park was a date crossed off my calendar after the first two occasions. Made Glaws fans look like genteel old ladies.
‘...Look like genteel old ladies,’

You mean they aren’t?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:38 pm When I used to follow the Whites (Swansea) in the days before Ospreys, going to Stradey Park was a date crossed off my calendar after the first two occasions. Made Glaws fans look like genteel old ladies.
Bit sexist that jg, shouldn't it be along the lines that the pc brigade might call them? :smt048
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

These evening games are bad enough for most home fans but an absolute pain for away fans.

It means a day off work for anyone to come up to watch the match.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:33 pm Llanelli was a breeze compared to Neath and Pontypool..... Remember Goodey( I think)scoring at Neath and we nearly got beaten up....
Yes but the games between them and Neath as well were tribal. I agree about the Knoll though, the grey massed ranks in the drizzle.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Late change: Tom Youngs out so Polota-Nau starts! Ford is Captain
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fentiger wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm Late change: Tom Youngs out so Polota-Nau starts! Ford is Captain
Jake Kerr to the bench. McMillan and Stevens presumably out as well.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Strong start by Cole with a scrum and turnover penalty. But now that’s two he’s conceded in quick succession, not good in front of Jones.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Ben Youngs doing my head in. Taking far too long to re-cycle and box kicks far too long. Our second try demonstrated what quick ball can result in.
Give blood, play rugby!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

When we are patient and organised we look really good in attack, defence has been ok but the forwards need to work harder getting round the corner
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Considering the amount of seasoned Internationals we have on the field compared to the Scarlets, the halftime score 15-13 shows something at HQ is totally twits up....
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:34 pm Considering the amount of seasoned Internationals we have on the field compared to the Scarlets, the halftime score 15-13 shows something at HQ is totally twits up....
Oh come on the Scarlets are a very good team with plenty of internationals themselves in their XV.