Tigers v Scarlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Scarlets

Post by Scuttle »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 pm Looking forward to this one, expecting an open game in good weather.

Can't see there being a big crowd given our current form and it being a Friday night, which I love but others seemingly not.
Still that means there should be plenty of room on the terrace!!
Always difficult for us on Friday coming from Matlock; have to leave about half time to get the last train back so end up driving up to Chesterfield and train down from there. Presume the club have no say in the matter.
As Good As It Gets
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

GM is definitely sending the message to the talented youngsters that he’ll play them even if they make the odd mistake.

One of the main reasons I lost faith with Cockers and MOC was the lack of opportunities for the young players in the squad, particularly in the big games.

Let’s hope they kick in and keep improving!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Looking at that Scarlets team, they are really depleted. Outside of their front row their forward pack isn't particularly strong.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Passed my ticket on as no chance of getting there. :smt010
Now if I could bring my dog as in the olden days..........
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Both sides without there first choice 7's, as they are both a utter pest over the ball it should be interesting.
Good to see both starting Tight heads first job is to scrum.
This should be a good game of Rugby, the performance could be more important than the result for us! Any penalties they have a rather good kicker, YBY needs to play well otherwise his opposite number could seriously outplay him.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Will not be at the game but in Leicester. The old man is too frail to go to the ground now and watch live but appreciates a bit of company when watching the game on telly.

Looking forward to it (in an apprehensive, watch between the fingers from behind the sofa way)
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 amLooking forward to it (in an apprehensive, watch between the fingers from behind the sofa way)
I'll be watching like that from the terrace..... :smt002 :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

My son has been working in Wales with some Scarlet fans this week and they think their coming to Welford Road to get an easy win, he also said that they don't call us Tigers but tuggers as they think Leicester fans are a load of :censored:, not very nice is it.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Classy. Nothing changes, does it.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am My son has been working in Wales with some Scarlet fans this week and they think their coming to Welford Road to get an easy win, he also said that they don't call us Tigers but tuggers as they think Leicester fans are a load of :censored:, not very nice is it.
I suspect they are bantering to English lad in their own back yard. If you go on the Scarlets forum they are a lot less bullish. They have a lot of injuries, some of the selections are being questioned and they know they have a weak bench. Suspect the bookies have us favourites.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ourla wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:13 am
BigDan50 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am My son has been working in Wales with some Scarlet fans this week and they think their coming to Welford Road to get an easy win, he also said that they don't call us Tigers but tuggers as they think Leicester fans are a load of :censored:, not very nice is it.
I suspect they are bantering to English lad in their own back yard. If you go on the Scarlets forum they are a lot less bullish. They have a lot of injuries, some of the selections are being questioned and they know they have a weak bench. Suspect the bookies have us favourites.
Yes you are right Bet 365 have Tigers at 10/11 and Scarlets at 11/10. Not much in it though!!!

As others have said it could be a tense night, but I'm actually really looking forward to it, as I think it will be an enjoyable open game.
Soggypitch
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The Welsh aren't very nice (Ouch! Sorry darling!) and there's none so one eyed as a one eyed Turk!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's not as bad as being Welsh though is it?! :smt023
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

My "outlaws" are lovely, generous people until they start talking rugby. It's that :censored: with the big leek and his "oggie oggie oggie" chant that gets up my nose Especially as that chant is a navy chant from Devonport. Nothing Welsh about it at all.

Away from Rugby I love the Welsh choral tradition and the Eiststedfods. Of course their "love" for sheep is legendary!
A life long Tiger
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Having played most of my rugby in Wales, being English, I got a lots of stick both physical and verbal but I would not have changed it one iota! Lots of great Welsh friends who appreciate the rugby being played. I just ignore the utterances from a mindless few who probably never played the game either?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat