Cheap nosh on Friday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Cheap nosh on Friday

Post by ourla »

In order to encourage/bribe supporters to attend Tigers are offering pie, mash, peas and gravy for a £1 before Fridays match.

Is it wrong of me to think that it will take you half an hour to be served and that they will run out in 10 minutes?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Cheap nosh on Friday

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 pm In order to encourage/bribe supporters to attend Tigers are offering pie, mash, peas and gravy for a £1 before Fridays match.

Is it wrong of me to think that it will take you half an hour to be served and that they will run out in 10 minutes?
Your not wrong, so I will not be rushing down to join the queue back to Leicester Station :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Is it leftover stock from MOC's lunch order!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

BFG wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 pm Is it leftover stock from MOC's lunch order!
That and clearing the freezer of pies now that Andy Goode is no longer a Tiger. :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ourla wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 pm In order to encourage/bribe supporters to attend Tigers are offering pie, mash, peas and gravy for a £1 before Fridays match.

Yes but only in the Final Whistle bar of the H&B stand. Sounds like there is only one pie :smt016
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/gr ... his-friday
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Think I'll stick to the normal Friday night fish and chips.......they really are excellent from "over the road" queue permitting of course!
Soggypitch
nasher

Post by nasher »

Is it an attempt to stop falling attendances because the rugby is poor value at present?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

nasher wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm Is it an attempt to stop falling attendances because the rugby is poor value at present?
That would be a view you could take <cough>

Maybe we should hope for a continuing slump in form and we'll get a 3-course meal with wine.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

nasher wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm Is it an attempt to stop falling attendances because the rugby is poor value at present?
Fair play to the club for offering this.

However, if this offer is to entice fans to the match, they I'd worry more about those people. If they werent going to turn up originally but are now going to just so they can get some food for £1 then I question their desire and genuine support.

So no, I don't think this is an attempt to get more people to the ground.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 pm

However, if this offer is to entice fans to the match, they I'd worry more about those people. If they werent going to turn up originally but are now going to just so they can get some food for £1 then I question their desire and genuine support.

So no, I don't think this is an attempt to get more people to the ground
So it must be charity, dressed up as an inducement :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 pm

So no, I don't think this is an attempt to get more people to the ground
So it must be charity, dressed up as an inducement :smt017
It's just something that Tigers are offering for the fans. If people who turn up want some food, they can get it for £1. It's a great offer and I'd suggest it's no more than that.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 pm However, if this offer is to entice fans to the match, they I'd worry more about those people. If they werent going to turn up originally but are now going to just so they can get some food for £1 then I question their desire and genuine support. So no, I don't think this is an attempt to get more people to the ground.
I take it you've never worked in the retail or hospitility industry. It's designed to catch the floating voter, the waverer, the folks who just need that extra bit of incentive. Supporting Tigers has certainly been a bit difficult at times over the last 2-3 years. So a few carrots definitely need to be thrown our way.

My only issue with it is that it will likely be run in the same way as the Octoberfest and the standard match day catering and just add to the annoyance/frustration.

Off the field stuff (the "match day experience") is always important but it becomes even more so when what's happening on the pitch isn't up to par.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

ourla wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 am So a few carrots definitely need to be thrown our way.
You want carrots AS WELL?
Blimey. They might have to charge you £1.20 for that.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Stodgy food to go with the stodgy Rubgy? Enjoy the queue....
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It won’t be stodgy, but it will be warming on what could be a cold, damp night. For those who come straight from work it’s not a bad deal.

Don’t all be so miserable!

Wait till after the match.
Valhalla I am coming!