Cheap nosh on Friday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cheap nosh on Friday

Post by DaveRave »

All we are saying is give peas a chance.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

DaveRave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 pm All we are saying is give peas a chance.
For a pun like that you ought to receive Instant Karma! :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Well, it could be a good thing if you drop your Christmas dinner as there would be peas on earth.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Anyone partake?

How was it?
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Yes, my son and I did partake of the pie, mash, peas and gravy for £1, and very good value for money it was too! Not the biggest portion, but for the £1 we paid definitely worth it! They did run out around 6:50 but by that point, I would have thought everyone who came down early for it would have been served.

I would certainly have it again if it was on offer.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

WirralExile wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm Yes, my son and I did partake of the pie, mash, peas and gravy for £1, and very good value for money it was too! Not the biggest portion, but for the £1 we paid definitely worth it! They did run out around 6:50 but by that point, I would have thought everyone who came down early for it would have been served.

Nice to hear.

Now if you tell me the service at the bar was very good aswell that would cap it all :smt003 :smt030 :smt035
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Well Ourla, at the time they were serving the £1 nosh, there were hardly any queues at the bars in the Final Whistle. As we approached kickoff, then yes, the queues did build but to be honest the crowd was not huge tonight.

I still feel the bar service was better last Saturday at Ravenhill. There they seemed to sense the crowd building and they were pre-pouring pints. The service was very efficient, the staff appeared well trained, smiley and had the craic. Seems having any banter with the customers at the Welford Road bars is not allowed, or maybe it’s something else.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

WirralExile wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:17 pm Well Ourla, at the time they were serving the £1 nosh, there were hardly any queues at the bars in the Final Whistle. As we approached kickoff, then yes, the queues did build but to be honest the crowd was not huge tonight.

I still feel the bar service was better last Saturday at Ravenhill. There they seemed to sense the crowd building and they were pre-pouring pints. The service was very efficient, the staff appeared well trained, smiley and had the craic. Seems having any banter with the customers at the Welford Road bars is not allowed, or maybe it’s something else.
MMMmm.. shows it can be done then.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ourla wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm
WirralExile wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm Yes, my son and I did partake of the pie, mash, peas and gravy for £1, and very good value for money it was too! Not the biggest portion, but for the £1 we paid definitely worth it! They did run out around 6:50 but by that point, I would have thought everyone who came down early for it would have been served.

Nice to hear.

Now if you tell me the service at the bar was very good aswell that would cap it all :smt003 :smt030 :smt035
I thought it was better last night actually. They have repositioned all the architecture behind the bar so pints are poured away from the serving counter and it seemed a better system I have to say. We even had some nice chat with the server who said "we hope we are getting there" or words to that effect. It was not a big crowd so not really tested under pressure but we shall see.
As Good As It Gets