Autumn Internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Internationals

Post by ourla »

On the subject of another of the AI's I wasn't aware until yesterday of France's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - leading with a couple of minutes to go with a scrum on the oppo's 5m line. No more than they deserve mind after being so light on Bastereau.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

So Manu still not picked in an English second string.

Are we to assume he is still injured and given that Jones preferrerred midfield appears to be Farrell, Teo, Slade, I hope Geordan is on the phone to Jones asking for his return to the club ASAP
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Holmes also starts at fullback for Wales against Tonga. Was kind of hoping they weren’t going to cap him.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

biffer wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 pm No I'm afraid I simply don't view that as a ruck.
Anyway if it was indeed a ruck then black 23 potentially had his head below his hips in a sealing off position, another marginal call but if the marginal Lawes call matters then the call should be a free kick to England.
Last week you were saying ‘Sir is always right’
Sir was right, TMO was wrong. :smt003
The Farrell tackle was clear, close but no cigar to go with your Monkey Shoulder Scotch!
The Lawes incident had so much wrong elsewhere before Lawes was offside that you'd have to do a full bottle of Bain's Cape Mountain in the camera van to miss it all!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm So Manu still not picked in an English second string.

Are we to assume he is still injured and given that Jones preferrerred midfield appears to be Farrell, Teo, Slade, I hope Geordan is on the phone to Jones asking for his return to the club ASAP
He is expected to play against Australia.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ted Hill to be capped vs Japan despite being an apprentice player :smt017 but good for him, seems to be a good all round player and reminds me of Back, a prolific try scorer.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

JP14 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 pm Ted Hill to be capped vs Japan despite being an apprentice player :smt017 but good for him, seems to be a good all round player and reminds me of Back, a prolific try scorer.
Yes my Worcester supporting fiend is very excited about Hill. Excellent in the lineout as well. In fact he is expecting Wuss to beat Bath away this weekend such is their confidence presently!

Like the England rotation this weekend, just wish Nowell was at 15 and Daly 13, not the other way round!! Good to see Fordy given the skippers job.
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:00 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 pm Ted Hill to be capped vs Japan despite being an apprentice player :smt017 but good for him, seems to be a good all round player and reminds me of Back, a prolific try scorer.
Yes my Worcester supporting fiend is very excited about Hill. Excellent in the lineout as well. In fact he is expecting Wuss to beat Bath away this weekend such is their confidence presently!

Like the England rotation this weekend, just wish Nowell was at 15 and Daly 13, not the other way round!! Good to see Fordy given the skippers job.
He was very fiendish against us, did your friend mention that! as trendie would say hehehehehe........ :smt046
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Nowell at outside centre? Why not pick an actual outside centre instead? That's a very odd selection.

Other than that, an exciting side.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

POSTIGER wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:19 pm Nowell at outside centre? Why not pick an actual outside centre instead? That's a very odd selection.

Same reason he picks Farrell at 12.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

LE18 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 pm

He was very fiendish against us, did your friend mention that! as trendie would say hehehehehe........ :smt046
heheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeee
Hehehehehehehehe
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

POSTIGER wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:19 pm Nowell at outside centre? Why not pick an actual outside centre instead? That's a very odd selection.

There's a feeling at both Exeter and England that Nowell lacks the flat out pace of a winger and should be moving inside. Exeter have experimented with him there.

However, with those same players from 11-15 you could make a more coherent line-up. After all, Nowell is currently a winger at his club, Daly is currently an outside centre, and Ashton (for all his flaws) played last season at fullback and was signed by Sale to add to their options at 15.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

4071 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 am

There's a feeling at both Exeter and England that Nowell lacks the flat out pace of a winger and should be moving inside. Exeter have experimented with him there.

However, with those same players from 11-15 you could make a more coherent line-up. After all, Nowell is currently a winger at his club, Daly is currently an outside centre, and Ashton (for all his flaws) played last season at fullback and was signed by Sale to add to their options at 15.
Exactly, get Daly at 13 and Nowell at 15, he could be the new, quicker, Mike Brown. Brave, good defensively, good winning attitude, but he's a better passer than Brown and has more nimble feet. Daly looks a fish out of water to me at 15. Just my opinion, Eddie obviously disagrees!
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 am
LE18 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 pm

heheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeee
I think Soggy must have missed his little slip. :smt052
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Can't wait until Trojan Horse Double Agent Jones has gone and taken his gimmick SANZAR Rugby with him.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.