Classic Shirts

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Classic Shirts

Post by Brutus »

Has anyone managed to get hold of a classic home shirt yet and if so, what is the quality like?
I ordered mine online on 27th July and I'm being fobbed off by the club shop. I appreciate that it is the suppliers who are about as proficient at their commissioned task as my dog is at practising calculus and not the staff at the shop so I won't give those chaps and ladies any grief. It would be nice if the club would release the odd statement to update the folk who pre-ordered though.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Classic Shirts

Post by JackFlashJonny »

That is shameful!!!!!

I pray we get a decent kit supplier going forward from next year :smt009
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

About a month of the delay was caused to a typhoon I think, which delayed shipping and if that's the case there will be some sort of force majeure type clause in the contract to cover this, so the suppliers cannot be penalised.
When I contacted the shop last week I was told last week that it would be ready for despatch on 12th October but this week I am now being told that it is on back order.... :smt017
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If only there was a city that made clothing/textiles in the East Midlands..........
To win is not as important as playing with style!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Brutus wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:44 pm Has anyone managed to get hold of a classic home shirt yet and if so, what is the quality like?
I ordered mine online on 27th July and I'm being fobbed off by the club shop. I appreciate that it is the suppliers who are about as proficient at their commissioned task as my dog is at practising calculus and not the staff at the shop so I won't give those chaps and ladies any grief. It would be nice if the club would release the odd statement to update the folk who pre-ordered though.
I had that problem a couple of years ago.........my answer was to cancel the order and didn't buy a shirt. I feel the club only want to sell player style ones and not the traditional stylemany fans enjoy.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm If only there was a city that made clothing/textiles in the East Midlands..........
Or we used a supplier that didn't let us down...um...Cotton Traders!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WiggoTiger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm If only there was a city that made clothing/textiles in the East Midlands..........
Or we used a supplier that didn't let us down...um...Cotton Traders!!
Who pulled out of the rugby market many years ago!

Interestingly, there's no hoodies or other additional garb in the shops, which look very sparsely stocked I have to say!
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

My classic short sleeved shirt arrived today. It is labelled as an XL which is what I ordered - as that is my size, I’m not obese so I normally have plenty of room. It is definitely not an XL as I look like the only gay in the village in it.

Please bear this in mind the dodgy sizing if you planning to buy one online without trying one on first.

I’m massively disappointed in the whole situation and will not but another shirt until a competent supplier is in place - my well used 2013 Cotton Traders shirt will have to suffice until then!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

A lot of people say that Cohen isn't accountable for the performance of the team as he looks after the commercial side of the club.

Well it would be interesting to know how well the merchandise and catering side of the club is doing commercially because annecdotely it seems a sh it show.

I wonder as well if this affecting the attendances as much as what is happening on the pitch.

It's a real shame they can't get the basics right.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm
Interestingly, there's no hoodies or other additional garb in the shops, which look very sparsely stocked I have to say!
Probably a business decision not to order/stock a wider range because they would be unlikely to be sold.