Freddie Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Freddie Burns

Post by Mark62 »

Has just missed a regulation kick in front of the posts to give Bath the lead then having made a lovely break and is over the line celebrating with the crowd when Medard knocks the ball out of his hands.

JUST PUT THE :censored: BALL DOWN FREDDIE
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Freddie Burns

Post by LE18 »

:smt009
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

That is gutting for him. Stupid mistake, but he didn’t needed to be subbed. His confidence will be shot to feacal matter!! Poor lad...slightly amateur hour though...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

People over do it when they say "He's had a nightmare today" but that really was a nightmare performance from Fred. Misses 3 easy kicks, one from literally right in front of the posts and then that.....I'm no lip reading genius but I'm pretty sure it's not 'hard luck Freddie' that Jackson Willison screams at him half a second later.
Last edited by POSTIGER on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone else and I would’ve had a giggle at that but Freddie has been through a lot of ups and downs in his rugby career and hoenstly it was a bit heart breaking seeing him off the pitch like that.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:01 pm Anyone else and I would’ve had a giggle at that but Freddie has been through a lot of ups and downs in his rugby career and hoenstly it was a bit heart breaking seeing him off the pitch like that.
I would agree but this has been going to happen one week to someone, all this waving to the fans putting the ball down with one hand by lots of players.
He was over the line just flop on the ball
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I cannot for the life of me understand why Coaches don't go beserk when players try to dot it down one handed..inexcusable, idiotic and in Freddie's case, a career changer.He will never forget that as Baths European Cup finished then and there.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Can't say I have much sympathy. Celebrate after you've put the ball down.

He'd played really well up until the last few minutes. I still think fullback suits him.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

On speaking to my Bath fans they are less kind about this mess up. He is not going to be getting many free pints tonight...they are raging and 1 even asked for Ford back...strange how we were alleged to have got the bad end of that deal...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:29 pm I cannot for the life of me understand why Coaches don't go beserk when players try to dot it down one handed..inexcusable, idiotic and in Freddie's case, a career changer.He will never forget that as Baths European Cup finished then and there.
Totally agree it was going to be hard enough for Bath with a Leinster double header in December without loosing their first home game
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

We all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s so good to go hand in hand with family, friends, team-mates and fans (including those in the Crumbie). The changing room will give him a hug then they'll take the proverbial - as they should. Wrong to sub him imho. Inconsolable now, I'm sure - and it was a schoolboy error.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Of course l respect others opinions but I really don’t get this they shouldn’t have taken him off.

It is first class professional sport and he has just cost his side a win and any likelihood of progression in the competition by basically being cocky.
I’m all for supporting players when incidents happen out of their control or mistakes happen under pressure, but this was neither it was human error through over confidence
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think it’s a case of speculate to accumulate....taking him off may ruin any confidence he has. They will need him in the next game and by taking him off may destroy his confidence. But he is professional and he needs to forget it and realise that he messed up so that’s life. Learn from it, forget it and move on.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Show boating, no room for it in Rugby.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Bath do seem to have some awful luck with players messing up certain tries, Homer vs Bristol earlier this year and I remember Vesty got caught showboating by Varndell just before the line a few years ago