Ulster v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

3-0 HT. We look good in attack but are lack the accuracy with the last pass. Manu appears to be using their 10s as a doormat.

Holmes looks class at the back, more assured than their 15 under the bomb.

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Holmes looks class, always buying time for the team at the back and looks strong ball in hand for a guy his size.

Also been impressed by Williams and Wells in the engine room, both have been dominant in defence. Thompson and O’Connor in tandem a nuisance at the breakdown, something maybe to go forwards with into the premiership.

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2262
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by Old Hob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
.

Also been impressed by Williams and Wells in the engine room, both have been dominant in defence. Thompson and O’Connor in tandem a nuisance at the breakdown, something maybe to go forwards with into the premiership.
I hope so, and with the foil of Denton it does make for some cracking options.

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2166
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
That's the price you pay for a player who can make the hard yards, I really don't understand what else you want him to do ?

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
And 2 of those tacklers are off for HIAs. Game of attrition so far. To be fair, we've run the same move 3 times, a bit of variety might put him into a gap

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:29 pm

HantsTiger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
.

Also been impressed by Williams and Wells in the engine room, both have been dominant in defence. Thompson and O’Connor in tandem a nuisance at the breakdown, something maybe to go forwards with into the premiership.
I hope so, and with the foil of Denton it does make for some cracking options.
True, for as much as I like Kalamafoni, I feel Denton would compliment them two better at 8. Bigger ball carrier and also very important for the lineout to function at its best.

drc_007
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3242
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by drc_007 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Lots of effort from Tigers, two pretty even sides feels like a game were an individual error could cost the game.

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2262
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by Old Hob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm

kpj tiger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
That's the price you pay for a player who can make the hard yards, I really don't understand what else you want him to do ?
Find a gap, use his feet, break a tackle, get more than three yards, stop missing tackles, concentrate
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2166
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm
kpj tiger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Sick note (Tuilagi) 1 decent tackle, 1 knock on, and 3 carries for, what, six yards? How many thousand pounds is that a yard
That's the price you pay for a player who can make the hard yards, I really don't understand what else you want him to do ?
Find a gap, use his feet, break a tackle, get more than three yards, stop missing tackles, concentrate
I think its been the conditions that have been causing him to go to ground more than the Ulster Players, its also obviously part of the gameplan for him to simply truck the ball up the middle

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Try for Ulster but I'm sure that the pen should have been ours. Best wasn't bound and ran into the back of the maul

DaveRave
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by DaveRave » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

All that hard work in the first half utterly wasted in 60 seconds of rubbish.

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by HantsTiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

And another straight from the KO, in tatters at the back.....

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2166
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

A couple questionable decisions result in an Ulster try

DaveRave
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by DaveRave » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Phew. 2nd try disallowed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GB72, Google [Bot], Grobyman11, happywomble, hugh.st, Mark62, Rutlandtiger, TigerCam and 2 guests