Ulster v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Ulster v Tigers

Post by JP14 »

Still don’t get why our two stars are not on the jersey? Seems to me we don’t care that much about Europe anymore, would explain our recent performances in recent seasons.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:13 pm Still don’t get why our two stars are not on the jersey? Seems to me we don’t care that much about Europe anymore, would explain our recent performances in recent seasons.
And putting 2 stars on the jersey would improve our performance how exactly
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not sure what the issue is with the stars TBH.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:13 pm Still don’t get why our two stars are not on the jersey? Seems to me we don’t care that much about Europe anymore, would explain our recent performances in recent seasons.
It shows living in the past, we know we won it twice.
If we had a Euro only shirt fair enough.
I would prefer us to actually look like we could gain a 3rd star.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

I don't know but is it anything to do with it being a different competition? Are other winners of the old HC still wearing theirs?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

h's dad wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 pm
I don't know but is it anything to do with it being a different competition? Are other winners of the old HC still wearing theirs?
They were still wearing them last season when it wasn’t Heineken sponsored.
No issues with it not sure that it means we’re not taking the competition seriously or that it would affect our performance
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 pm
They were still wearing them last season when it wasn’t Heineken sponsored.
No issues with it not sure that it means we’re not taking the competition seriously or that it would affect our performance
Just seen that Leinster have their four on for 2018
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bath wear their one star on all Jerseys,
Leinster wear their 4 stars only 1 of those has been in the recent format.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We should be wearing our two stars for European kits, I’m one for looking to the future but you can’t just disregard the fact we’re still the most successful English side in Europe, 2 wins and 3 other finals. I was merely suggesting that by not putting the stars on the European jerseys that showed we don’t care as much anymore and by not caring as much we haven’t performed as well in Europe in recent seasons.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm We should be wearing our two stars for European kits, I’m one for looking to the future but you can’t just disregard the fact we’re still the most successful English side in Europe, 2 wins and 3 other finals. I was merely suggesting that by not putting the stars on the European jerseys that showed we don’t care as much anymore and by not caring as much we haven’t performed as well in Europe in recent seasons.
But surely that is down to our performance on the field not the emblems on the jersey
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Someone on FB reporting flight cancellation, seemingly storm force 10 anticipated :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Which flight are they saying is cancelled - I am on the late easyjet from Brum and nothing from them
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm Which flight are they saying is cancelled - I am on the late easyjet from Brum and nothing from them
No idea, they didn't specify
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm We should be wearing our two stars for European kits, I’m one for looking to the future but you can’t just disregard the fact we’re still the most successful English side in Europe, 2 wins and 3 other finals. I was merely suggesting that by not putting the stars on the European jerseys that showed we don’t care as much anymore and by not caring as much we haven’t performed as well in Europe in recent seasons.
But surely that is down to our performance on the field not the emblems on the jersey
I think you’re slightly misinterpreting what I’m saying or I’ve poorly explained, either way I’m not saying that because we’re not wearing the stars we’re performing badly I’m saying the reason for both is that we don’t care that much anymore.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Probably into city airport.