Tigers v Sale

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Sale

Post by MurphysLaw »

Ben Youngs on the bench is interesting. I hope he is fit.

Good to see Tino back in the mix.

Looks like Sale are anticipating a big forwards battle - I think they've gone with just two backs on the bench.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MurphysLaw wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:54 pm Ben Youngs on the bench is interesting. I hope he is fit.

Good to see Tino back in the mix.

Looks like Sale are anticipating a big forwards battle - I think they've gone with just two backs on the bench.
Given their back 3, they won't want to be starved of ball, and they will relish having a go at us out wide.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sale have the worst front 3 in the Premiership so we should really target them in that area, penalty tries etc.

Weak bench? Inexperienced but only in the case of Hardwick, McMillan perhaps our only weak link on the bench, Tino had a great game vs the Sharks last year at Welford Road. Talking of weak defence, there’s a dinstinct reason vans Rensburg never made the cut at Springbok Level.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hope Eastmond lasts a long while and that him and Owen combine well.

Sale’s bench is forwards heavy but bar Philips, Beamont and Ben Curry that bench is quite weak as well.

Looking for a defensive improvement and a win first off. C’mon you Tigers.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Spicer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm Hard to call. Sale certainly have a stronger bench, especially regarding the forwards.
Big game for White.
I ain’t sure it is to be fair. We are basically a 1/3 shot to win. If you think it is hard to call you should be unloading on Sale at 7/2. We will win. Sale are the pits. That said I fully expect us to make hard work of it.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:24 pm
Spicer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm Hard to call. Sale certainly have a stronger bench, especially regarding the forwards.
Big game for White.
I ain’t sure it is to be fair. We are basically a 1/3 shot to win. If you think it is hard to call you should be unloading on Sale at 7/2. We will win. Sale are the pits. That said I fully expect us to make hard work of it.
You can't bet on Tigers or Sale at the minute.

Bath are 25/1 to beat Sarries. I know that it's highly unlikely but 25/1 seems a bit OTT. Or maybe Bath +26 on the handicap...
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:40 pm Sale have the worst front 3 in the Premiership in my opinion so we should really target them in that area in my opinion, penalty tries etc.

Weak bench? Inexperienced but only in the case of Hardwick, McMillan perhaps our only weak link on the bench in my opinion, Tino had a great game in my opinion vs the Sharks last year at Welford Road. Talking of weak defence, there’s a dinstinct reason vans Rensburg never made the cut at Springbok Level in my opinion.
:smt023
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

In my opinion it's not necessary to write in my opinion constantly on this forum. As in my opinion this forum is about experiencing opinions. In my opinion this negates the need to constantly write in my opinion
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ghdav27 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:08 pm In my opinion it's not necessary to write in my opinion constantly on this forum. As in my opinion this forum is about experiencing opinions. In my opinion this negates the need to constantly write in my opinion
I couldn't agree more.
Leicester Tigers 2018/19 squad thread part 3, page 4.
Oh the irony!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

If the results so far this weekend are any indication we should be in for a try fest tomorrow. I would settle for a 7-0 win though.
I'm not cynical just experienced
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:02 pm If the results so far this weekend are any indication we should be in for a try fest tomorrow. I would settle for a 7-0 win though.
Small steps I know but IF we win with TBP we'd be up to 4th... crazy.

Like you say, let's just get a win first and foremost.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:02 pm If the results so far this weekend are any indication we should be in for a try fest tomorrow. I would settle for a 7-0 win though.
A win with a good defensive performance would be very welcome. Just to dream for a moment - a bonus point win puts us 4th. Just shows how important bp's are.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ghdav27 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:08 pm In my opinion it's not necessary to write in my opinion constantly on this forum. As in my opinion this forum is about experiencing opinions. In my opinion this negates the need to constantly write in my opinion
Oh but sometimes you really do need to point it out otherwise people have a go at others for saying that it's an opinion that has been presented and not a fact. Even when it is plainly obvious that it's an opinion that has been given.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bonus point? I will happily settle for a win after last weeks debacle!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I can’t see us winning without a bonus point at the moment as our defence is so poor we will need at least four tries to win any match. Would be fun to win 12-3 like in the good old days but far more chance of us winning 41-34 :smt002