No Dan Cole in the England training squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: No Dan Cole in the England training squad

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm Dan Cole played well today I thought, anyone else agree on that?
Yes. Unfortunately due to his replacement injuring himself warming up he had to play the full 80 minutes.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Manu Tuilagi, Ben Youngs & Nick Schonert haven’t joined up with the England squad in Bristol owing to unspecified injuries. Detail unknown. Jordan Olowofela called up to replace Tuilagi.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 pm Manu Tuilagi, Ben Youngs & Nick Schonert haven’t joined up with the England squad in Bristol owing to unspecified injuries. Detail unknown. Jordan Olowofela called up to replace Tuilagi.
I'm sure Olowofela will make a fine player but he's achieved nothing in the senior game yet. Ridiculous that Jones won't pick Alex Goode despite the fact he's consistently one of the top few FBs in the league year after year.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm Dan Cole played well today I thought, anyone else agree on that?
Yes. Unfortunately due to his replacement injuring himself warming up he had to play the full 80 minutes.
Poor Cortes didn't injure himself. A combination of Harry Wells and Sam Lewis did it! Looked very painful.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No, not really, yes he scrummaged well, but he lacks in his outfield play, he gives so many penalties away, today and last weeks very late and calculated body check, which went unpunished, was far worse than Spencer's high tackle. I think that Jones knows all that and is seriously looking for someone else.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I watched a recording of the Sarries v Gloucs match last night.
A couple of rushed passes but Farrell is easily the best English fly half.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

So, what team do we think will be played next Sunday? We are looking well down on first choice picks in a number of positions, and after yesterday’s injury count. Manu, YBY, Kyle, Jimmy Stevens, Telusa is still out with HIA, is Thompston due back(?), Toomua and TPN still away with Australia (I think). OBY wasn’t at his best yesterday either.
Do we have enough depth to cover plus bench?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I forgot Spencer too. I really hope that we can get back to winning ways.
Yes, we much improved in the 2nd half yesterday, with some good, albeit short shows of what’s possible, but we should not have been 11-30 down at halftime. I’d be happy with a couple of wins in the next few games, not overly bothered how many tries we score just as long as we get more points at the end of the game than the opposition.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 pm
Poor Cortes didn't injure himself. A combination of Harry Wells and Sam Lewis did it! Looked very painful.
Thanks for the clarifciation HC. I just saw the aftermath not the incident.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Thanks for the clarifciation HC. I just saw the aftermath not the incident.
No worries. Was watching as it happened. A complete accident but a lesson to be learned for the players. Hopefully it isn’t too serious.🙂