Spencer banned for four weeks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Spencer banned for four weeks

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Panel accept that the Player did not intend to make contact with the Opponent’s head and carry out a dangerous tackle. However he knew or should have known that there was a risk of making contact with the Opponent’s head but went ahead anyway. The tackle was therefore reckless (applying the definition of reckless contained within World Rugby’s guidance document dated 14/12/2016).
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Seems clear cut then, he was never getting a lighter sanction and they intend to be hot on it no matter how the players combine to try and dress it up.

I wouldn't say it's that inconsistent to this...https://www.englandrugby.com/news/eastm ... uspension/
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

So the player making the tackle says there was no contact with the head, the player receiving the tackle says he felt no contact with his head, the physio says there was no evidence of forceful contact with the head but a bunch of guys looking at a tv screen know better. It is clear to me that there is a policy of " we need someone to make an example of, it cannot be a legend of the game but we will get the next one". Tiger are right not to appeal, it is done, time to move on, those of us that thought the decision wrong still think that, those that thought otherwise have probably not changed their minds either. Let us just hope for consistency in refereeing decisions in the future, ( I have often said I am an optimist).
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think it's just a case of we don't believe you and having seen the video I can understand why.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I've no idea why Tommy Taylor made that statement. If he felt no contact with his head he needs to be sent for a brain scan to see if there is one there.