Tigers v Warriors

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Warriors

Post by ourla »

Warriors are seriously down in the dumps. Three successive losses, two at home, against teams who didn't play to their best. They sit bottom of the table with their next two matches away to Tigers and Exeter Chiefs.

Refereeing will be Luke Pearce assisted by Greg Macdonald and Wayne Falla and TMO Geoff Warren.

TBP before half time and then bring on the kids?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Warriors

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

what's the situation with Eastmond's injury will he be fit for this?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm what's the situation with Eastmond's injury will he be fit for this?
Suspect it's too early in the week to sure and tbh with his injury record you never really know.

I'm sure he would love a run out against a dejected Warriors though!

Murphy does have a few things to think about in terms of whether to fling a couple of youngsters in the starting XV or whether to go all out the first 40 and blood them after half time.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I find your predicament worrying, I’m pretty sure last season Worcester where down in the dumps then won with a bonus point in probably one of the most direst performances I’ve ever seen from a Tigers side. We need to go into the match eager to not replicate the mistakes of last year, play what’s in front of us, shut down their primary ball carriers (at the moment American Taufete’e, van Velse etc) and attack the breakdown so they can’t ship the ball outwide to their danger runners (Heem & Adams).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Perhaps a start for Olowofela and Reffell?

1 Bateman
2 Stevens
3 Cole
4 Williams
5 Wells (assuming Spencer is given a two-week ban)
6 Denton
7 Reffell
8 Thompson
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Eastmond
13 Tuilagi
14 Holmes
15 Olowofela

With a bench of:
Youngs, Fe’ao, Heyes, Lewis, Mapapalangi, White, Hardwick & Veainu

I thought I would give Kalamafoni a good rest and give Thompson a start at 8.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I hope Smurf isn’t tempted to bring Toomua in, although I would put TPN and Cortes on the bench if they’re back in the country.

Personally I would go with the same starting 15 as the Wasps game, injuries and Spencer availability permitting. Owen is a class act and needs game time.
Is there any update on Kitchener and O’Connor fitness
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:36 pm Warriors are seriously down in the dumps. Three successive losses, two at home, against teams who didn't play to their best. They sit bottom of the table with their next two matches away to Tigers and Exeter Chiefs.

Refereeing will be Luke Pearce assisted by Greg Macdonald and Wayne Falla and TMO Geoff Warren.

Sounds like the game's already won, with tongue firmly in cheek!
I
Semper in excretia
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

JP14 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 pm I find your predicament worrying, I’m pretty sure last season Worcester where down in the dumps then won with a bonus point in probably one of the most direst performances I’ve ever seen from a Tigers side. We need to go into the match eager to not replicate the mistakes of last year, play what’s in front of us, shut down their primary ball carriers (at the moment American Taufete’e, van Velse etc) and attack the breakdown so they can’t ship the ball outwide to their danger runners (Heem & Adams).
To be fair Tigers fielded a far weaker team that day due to internationals and also Worcester had battered Saints the previous week. I’m just glad the joker that reffed that match isn’t in charge again.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:19 pm
ourla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:36 pm Warriors are seriously down in the dumps. Three successive losses, two at home, against teams who didn't play to their best. They sit bottom of the table with their next two matches away to Tigers and Exeter Chiefs.

Sounds like the game's already won, with tongue firmly in cheek!
I
There is no way Smurf and the senior players will let this lot rest on their laurels
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We have only played three matches no need to rest anybody. Worcester must not be under estimated, there are no bad teams in this division. In a few weeks time we will lose players to the Autumn Internationals and the younger and squad players will get their chances. I am sure Murphy will pick his strongest team available allowing for injury and minor niggles. I anticipate selection problems for Geordan, Kyle or Gareth? If Thompstone's knock from last week is still a problem Holmes or Olowfela? Polatanau on the bench or Stevens? I am not sure if these are problems or options there seem to be choices despite a few injuries that's quite a good situation to be in, certainly better than recent seasons.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Will Spencer banned for a month apparently - so he won't be playing his old side on Sunday. Grrrrrr :smt011
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

https://premiershiprugby.com/gallagherp ... ll-spencer

He was shown a red card by referee Ian Tempest in the 40th minute of the match Wasps v Leicester Tigers on Sunday 16 September 2018. This was for a dangerous tackle on Wasps’ Tommy Taylor contrary to law 9.13.

The independent panel, chaired by Euan Ambrose with John Doubleday and Mike Curling, upheld the charge and Spencer was given a four week suspension. He is free to play again on Tuesday 16 October 2018.

Panel chair Euan Ambrose said: “The Panel considered carefully the oral evidence of the Player, the written evidence of Tommy Taylor and the Wasps medical report, alongside the video footage and found on the balance of probabilities that this was a reckless tackle that resulted in direct, forceful contact to the head of Tommy Taylor.

The Panel rejected the Players evidence that any contact with the opposition Player had been limited to the top of his shoulder with no contact being made to his head. Given that finding, the mandatory mid-range entry point was applied. The Player was given credit for his previous clear record, his conduct both at the hearing and his acceptance of the on-field decision and his off-field references which reduced the sanction to four weeks. He was not eligible for the full credit due to his not guilty plea. He is free to play again on the 16 October 2018.”
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I’d sue after Smith got off with essentially the same thing last week
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 amI’d sue after Smith got off with essentially the same thing last week
Certainly seems to be a lack of continuity and parity of treatment.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 am I’d sue after Smith got off with essentially the same thing last week
You would lose. It wasn't the same. Read the judgements on the two cases.