Cockers watch - he's not happy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Cockers watch - he's not happy

Post by Tigerbeat »

Posts have been removed as they were not on topic and were getting personal...please respect other users opinions even if you disagree and refrain from personal insults.
Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:28 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm There are ways of going about arguing, just had two examples of not doing it well. My only concern is that this forum goes the way it did a few years ago with a few posters trading nasty insults, as did the UnOffy.
BFG questioned Hayes ability as a player and Murphy and Stanko decisions as coaches. I simply asked what qualifications he had to make the statements he did against a professional player and 2 professional coaches.
Unfortunately rather than simply answering the questions he chose to throw his toys out of the pram.
Actions speak louder than words
I'm afraid that you are quite wrong Mark.
I did not question the players ability.
I made it very clear that in my opinion it was the coaches fault for putting on a teenager having had a tough match on Monday evening and for what was only five minutes of game time in one of the toughest of positions and whilst being a man down and up against an ugly Georgian.
Wasps vs Tigers page 19.
If the proof really is in the pudding then it was not a good decision.
As for throwing toys out of the pram, I think I passed that stage after the second coach was fired, or was it third, blimey I can't even remember who it was as there have been that many, maybe Hansen or Blake or Mauger, anyway it doesn't matter much to me at present as to be honest I just can't be bothered!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ugly Georgian? Bit rude but I assume you’re referring to his scrummaging technique, Zhvania is a very highly rated loosehead and will soon become a favourite at the Ricoh.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BFG wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am
jgriffin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm There are ways of going about arguing, just had two examples of not doing it well. My only concern is that this forum goes the way it did a few years ago with a few posters trading nasty insults, as did the UnOffy.
BFG questioned Hayes ability as a player and Murphy and Stanko decisions as coaches. I simply asked what qualifications he had to make the statements he did against a professional player and 2 professional coaches.
Unfortunately rather than simply answering the questions he chose to throw his toys out of the pram.
I made it very clear that in my opinion it was the coaches fault for putting on a teenager having had a tough match on Monday evening and for what was only five minutes of game time in one of the toughest of positions and whilst being a man down and up against an ugly Georgian.
Wasps vs Tigers page 19.
As for throwing toys out of the pram, I think I passed that stage after the second coach was fired, or was it third, blimey I can't even remember who it was as there have been that many, maybe Hansen or Blake or Mauger, anyway it doesn't matter much to me at present as to be honest I just can't be bothered!
I’d like to say I’ll miss you BUT
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 am
BFG wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am

Wasps vs Tigers page 19.
I’d like to say I’ll miss you BUT
An acceptance that you were wrong would show class but...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I’m not you questioned his ability at one point in time saying send him back to the Academy unless you have an imposter
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 am I’m not you questioned his ability at one point in time saying send him back to the Academy unless you have an imposter
You've even got that wrong Mark.
I wrote should be doing better at A League before entering at this stage.
Wasps vs Tigers page 17.
In terms of what he was asked to do on Sunday which was scrummage with a man down against a very strong Georgian prop then I think that it was fair comment.
If he was smashing everything out of sight in the A League then it would certainly make sense to give it a go but I was present at the last A League match and it was hard work, what did they expect a man down against Wasps seniors!
It's regular misinterpretation from yourself, not uncommon on here I know but the cause of many an unnecessarily argumentative topic.
It makes the message board a chore rather than a positive debate of alternative opinion sharing.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 am
Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 am I’m not you questioned his ability at one point in time saying send him back to the Academy unless you have an imposter
Wasps vs Tigers page 17.
In terms of what he was asked to do on Sunday which was scrummage with a man down against a very strong Georgian prop then I think that it was fair comment.
If he was smashing everything out of sight in the A League then it would certainly make sense to give it a go but I was present at the last A League match and it was hard work, what did they expect a man down against Wasps seniors!
It's regular misinterpretation from yourself, not uncommon on here I know but the cause of many an unnecessarily argumentative topic.
It makes the message board a chore rather than a positive debate of alternative opinion sharing.
Yet you still choose to post on here. :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am
Wasps vs Tigers page 17.
Yet you still choose to post on here. :smt023
Yes until I choose not to!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wasps vs Tigers page 17.
So you have questioned his ability when he was shoved back despite having one team mate less behind him. As for taking Cole off I’m sure someone of you intellectual accum will be aware that the potential damage to a players body is doubled in the last 15 to 20 minutes of a match due to fatigue and the coaches were looking to keep Dan as fresh as possible over a long season.
Anyway BFG you are boring me now so I shall add you to my foe list so I no longer have to read your twaddle
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

A right laugh at two pouter pigeons strutting. Give it a rest we're on the same side.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 pm A right laugh at two pouter pigeons strutting. Give it a rest we're on the same side.
Try telling BFG that. He’s off to Hinckley