Cockers watch - he's not happy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Cockers watch - he's not happy

Post by ourla »

Our Richard is not happy with the officiating in the Pro14.

Sounds like he has a point to be fair.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers watch - he's not happy

Post by JP14 »

At least he’s gone the right way about it unlike good old Steve Diamond.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Much as I love the guy - change the record, Cockers.
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

Great that we don't have to put up with his moaning anymore - the Scots are welcome.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Ilsontiger1725 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 pm Great that we don't have to put up with his moaning anymore - the Scots are welcome.
No but we've now got Murphy....

"I'm going to try and pick some players that are under five foot," added Murphy.

"It's going to make it very difficult to referee that to be honest because you're not really going to be able to tackle anyone are you? I think the game has gone a little bit too PC. That for me is crazy, it's rugby!

..... and I love it!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 pm
Ilsontiger1725 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 pm Great that we don't have to put up with his moaning anymore - the Scots are welcome.

"I'm going to try and pick some players that are under five foot," added Murphy.

"It's going to make it very difficult to referee that to be honest because you're not really going to be able to tackle anyone are you? I think the game has gone a little bit too PC. That for me is crazy, it's rugby!

..... and I love it!
There is nothing PC about it, it's to try and reduce the risk of brain injuries.
It's no laughing matter but for some reason Murphy seems to find it funny.
Yes it's frustrating but there is a simple answer, tackle lower and don't try to smash your opponent so hard that you loae control, technique before force.
They are being strict on it for good reason, the old boys are finding it a little difficult to grasp.
It'll be easy to referee, just send off anyone who smashes someone in the head!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 pm

..... and I love it!
There is nothing PC about it, it's to try and reduce the risk of brain injuries.
Yes it's frustrating but there is a simple answer, tackle lower and don't try to smash your opponent so hard that you loae control, technique before force.
They are being strict on it for good reason, the old boys are finding it a little difficult to grasp.
I didn't see Murphy laughing to be honest. He finds it anything but funny.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 pm

..... and I love it!
He was laughing his head off when the card was shown.
Personally I think it's a good thing that they are trying to deal with it and strictly as rugby and the Premiership in particular is dominated by too many oversized players of average ability.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Personally I think it's a good thing as rugby and the Premiership in particular is dominated by too many oversized players of average ability.
That's not a laugh as he doesn't take it seriously, it was a laugh as he believes a red card was a ridiculous decision.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If it was a head shot, Taylor would’ve gone for a HIA, but he continued on fine.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

And Cockers is right, the reffing in Pro14 is woeful, the league that gave us the funky Fitzgibbon and Lacey and just keeps on giving. :smt012 . I for one missed Cockers honesty.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 am And Cockers is right, the reffing in Pro14 is woeful, the league that gave us the funky Fitzgibbon and Lacey and just keeps on giving. :smt012 . I for one missed Cockers honesty.
Is Greg Garner not the man in charge of these officials!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am
jgriffin wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 am And Cockers is right, the reffing in Pro14 is woeful, the league that gave us the funky Fitzgibbon and Lacey and just keeps on giving. :smt012 . I for one missed Cockers honesty.
Is Greg Garner not the man in charge of these officials!
What's the noun for a collection of blind men? :smt044
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Personally I think it's a good thing as rugby and the Premiership in particular is dominated by too many oversized players of average ability.
That's not a laugh as he doesn't take it seriously, it was a laugh as he believes a red card was a ridiculous decision.
Well he is wrong and as a high profile figure should apologise.
It's the kind of view that could be the end of rugby.
The bottom line is that full time professional eighteen stone players smashing into other players heads is extremely dangerous.
It's like being hit in the head with a hammer, is it really that ridiculous to want to clamp down on this, I don't think so!
High tackling of this nature has always been an offence, the difference now is that it's a red card and given the forces involved now I think that's sensible.
Some seem to be finding it difficult to adjust to this harsh reality but it has to be dealt with otherwise the sport could be finished.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:40 am
ellis9 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 pm
Well he is wrong and as a high profile figure should apologise.
It's the kind of view that could be the end of rugby.
The bottom line is that full time professional eighteen stone players smashing into other players heads is extremely dangerous.
It's like being hit in the head with a hammer, is it really that ridiculous to want to clamp down on this, I don't think so!
High tackling of this nature has always been an offence, the difference now is that it's a red card and given the forces involved now I think that's sensible.
Some seem to be finding it difficult to adjust to this harsh reality but it has to be dealt with otherwise the sport could be finished.
He doesn't need to apologise for his opinion. If snowflakes don't like it then that's their problem.

Oh and by the way, there's plenty of current players and former players who have all said they think a red card was a ridiculous decision. They're the people that put their heads and bodies on the line and even they agree a red card for that was ridiculous.