Tigers to be crowned Premiership Champions?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers to be crowned Premiership Champions?

Post by JackFlashJonny »

This is the most ellis9 thread ever...however I for one like his optimism, really hoping Murphy can bring the passion out this year after already having unleashed our backs

I thought it would never happen but it does seem like Manu is coming back to be the Manu he has in him
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:10 pm I think a tenner at 16/1 is rather a good ploy to pay for the Tigers Jolly Boys' Outing at the Cabbage Patch which needs to become an annual event again!
That's what mine is for on the basis if we are good enough to get there (which we are) we are good enough to win. I will be warming my seat on 6 Oct😊
As Good As It Gets
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm Yes I'm happy to see others opinions but I will challenge and question them. Just like you can but don't expect me to back down easily because I won't.

I don't need a quote. The expectation of Leicester Tigers is to win. However, Murphy was asked in an interview with Nick Mullins this week the question "In one word, how do you want this season to be?" Murphy's answer- Successful. Now that could be interpreted differently. Some will say success will be top 4, some top half and others Champions. The choice is yours but I truly believe the club will class success as Champions.

I don't really care if it's not what you thought it would be about. I'm entitled to say what I believe the players and coaches expectations are. I may be wrong but I'm very confident that I'm not wrong.

When was the last time we played Saracens, Chiefs and Wasps, home or away, and expected to win. Rhetorical question. The answer is in years not months. This is not negative, it's reality. And I would help Murphy and the players will be aware of that reality and working hard to change it. What I hope they they won't be doing is fantasising about being champions, because at the moment that is what it is, a fantasy.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ourla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm Yes I'm happy to see others opinions but I will challenge and question them. Just like you can but don't expect me to back down easily because I won't.

I don't need a quote. The expectation of Leicester Tigers is to win. However, Murphy was asked in an interview with Nick Mullins this week the question "In one word, how do you want this season to be?" Murphy's answer- Successful. Now that could be interpreted differently. Some will say success will be top 4, some top half and others Champions. The choice is yours but I truly believe the club will class success as Champions.

I don't really care if it's not what you thought it would be about. I'm entitled to say what I believe the players and coaches expectations are. I may be wrong but I'm very confident that I'm not wrong.

When was the last time we played Saracens, Chiefs and Wasps, home or away, and expected to win. Rhetorical question. The answer is in years not months. This is not negative, it's reality. And I would help Murphy and the players will be aware of that reality and working hard to change it. What I hope they they won't be doing is fantasising about being champions, because at the moment that is what it is, a fantasy.
We could lose to all three of those home and away and still finish in the top 4. Then win the semi final and final.

You asked a rhetorical question and then answered it yourself. Therefore, it's not rhetorical.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm We could lose to all three of those home and away and still finish in the top 4. Then win the semi final and final.
We could but we won't. Please try to be realistic ellis.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ourla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm We could lose to all three of those home and away and still finish in the top 4. Then win the semi final and final.
We could but we won't. Please try to be realistic ellis.
I am.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Today's result will have put an end to this rather pointless thread.
Semper in excretia
Louis

Post by Louis »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:48 pm Today's result will have put an end to this rather pointless thread.
Now that is optimism beyond the most fevered of dreams! :smt002
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Premiership CHUMPions
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.