Gloucester v Bristol

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Gloucester v Bristol

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Watching, as a neutral, an entertaining first half but could someone's explain, if possible, why when after numerous penalties and warning that action will be taken next penalty is given and no action is taken. This seems to happen all the time no matter who Sir is. Do they forget what they have said or just bottle it?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester v Bristol

Post by ellis9 »

I'm getting bored of the love for Cipriani though. They've found a pass that we see most weeks and lauded it. I can't be doing with that every week!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Unsure what the wording was first time but the ref seemed to infer that the it was a specific warning first time and then a general team warning second time.

Bristol crumbled when down to 14 and are fading now as their pack looks exhausted after running the ball from stupid positions all first half.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Thanks Sam missed first comment made Sir so maybe reading into it something that was not there this time
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm Unsure what the wording was first time but the ref seemed to infer that the it was a specific warning first time and then a general team warning second time.

Bristol crumbled when down to 14 and are fading now as their pack looks exhausted after running the ball from stupid positions all first half.
Blimey! I thought some Tigers fans would like how Bristol play! The amount of times I hear groans when we kick the ball from our 22, I thought the way Bristol play would be applauded by people on here.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm Unsure what the wording was first time but the ref seemed to infer that the it was a specific warning first time and then a general team warning second time.

Blimey! I thought some Tigers fans would like how Bristol play! The amount of times I hear groans when we kick the ball from our 22, I thought the way Bristol play would be applauded by people on here.
Yeah I'm not one of those that bemoan every kick from our halfbacks. Pragmatism in your own half is fine, experiment in the opponents.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

The way Bristol play is to be applauded to a degree but unless they learn a more pragmatic approach from inside their own half it is going to be a very long season and they will back down into the Championship.

Their pack just isn’t good enough with no where near enough depth
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm I'm getting bored of the love for Cipriani though. They've found a pass that we see most weeks and lauded it. I can't be doing with that every week!
Absolutely agree.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Gloucester will finish top 6 but won't be in the play off final.

Bristol will be near the bottom but do have a shot at survival.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Yeah I'm not one of those that bemoan every kick from our halfbacks. Pragmatism in your own half is fine, experiment in the opponents.
It's not the kicking per se. As you rightly say there are times when it's best to kick. It's the quality of the kicking which has often been aimless or straight to opposition runners combined with a lack of chase. Some of the box kicking is very poor also. That's what we bemoan.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 pm

It's not the kicking per se. As you rightly say there are times when it's best to kick. It's the quality of the kicking which has often been aimless or straight to opposition runners combined with a lack of chase. Some of the box kicking is very poor also. That's what we bemoan.
Not for some. The second the ball is kicked I hear people groaning before they've even seen where the ball ends up!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

The fawning over Cips is just boring. Made at least 4 mistakes in the first half and not a squeak from the commentators. He was better 2nd half and did what any good fly half would do and they started gushing. Austin being the worst - bore off.

As for running out of your 22 - there is a time and a place eg when you clearly see an opportunity from a turnover or as happened last week midway through the 2nd half when we realised that every time we gave the Falcons the ball they were dangerous in attack. BY (who was at best average last week) was then took off and we resorted to terrible kicking from hand in the last quarter. Morale of the story being kick well all is good - kick badly then best to mix it up to exit your 22.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

On a side note, I thought Foley's officiating was very poor this evening. Some bizarre decisions tonight.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

i thought Gloucester's defensive line/organisation was 1st class - a few lessons we could learn there .
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

MikeR wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 am i thought Gloucester's defensive line/organisation was 1st class - a few lessons we could learn there .
It’s been like that for a while really.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni