Wasps Vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps Vs Tigers

Post by LE18 »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm Personally I think that for a Red Card to be issued the referee should be satisfied there was intent and in this case there was none. A Red is the ultimate sanction on the pitch, what happens next is out of the refs hands. Rugby is a contact sport, knees, arms, hands, elbows and yes heads get into strange positions sometimes endangering another player sometimes yourself. We have all seen a player leaping for a high ball and jumping into a grounded player who unable to get out of the way receives a card the colour dependant on how the airborne player lands. I have seen a jumping player fall over his own team mate so no action taken. I have often seen players clash heads with a team mate, if the crime is careless contact with the head without intention should there be any difference if the incidence is between teammates or members of opposing teams.
Spencer went into a tackle using his arms, the opposing player lowered himself instinctively, it is impossible for the rest of Spencer's body to disappear, there was no injury and no fault, there should have been no consequence. bold by me.
Like I keep saying, agree with John, Spencer's hands are around Taylor's waist, with arms down, if there was any contact with the head then it was accidental, Taylor ducked causing higher inpact! I am convinced it wasn't intended to be a high tackle!
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Any thoughts on Mick Cleary's article on the red card in today's Telegraph? Hogwash, too PC or a breath of common sense?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Broadstaff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:18 pm Any thoughts on Mick Cleary's article on the red card in today's Telegraph? Hogwash, too PC or a breath of common sense?
a patronizing sermon leading the reader to think anyone who doesn't agree is a neanderthal
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:36 pma patronizing sermon leading the reader to think anyone who doesn't agree is a neanderthal
Blimey....sounds familiar......Dreary has clearly been masquerading as a poster on here and not declaring it.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Surprisingly a small number on here won't patronise the Telegraph.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:50 pm Surprisingly a small number on here won't patronise the Telegraph.
luckily it was free to read online
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

LE18 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:13 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm Personally I think that for a Red Card to be issued the referee should be satisfied there was intent and in this case there was none. A Red is the ultimate sanction on the pitch, what happens next is out of the refs hands. Rugby is a contact sport, knees, arms, hands, elbows and yes heads get into strange positions sometimes endangering another player sometimes yourself. We have all seen a player leaping for a high ball and jumping into a grounded player who unable to get out of the way receives a card the colour dependant on how the airborne player lands. I have seen a jumping player fall over his own team mate so no action taken. I have often seen players clash heads with a team mate, if the crime is careless contact with the head without intention should there be any difference if the incidence is between teammates or members of opposing teams.
Spencer went into a tackle using his arms, the opposing player lowered himself instinctively, it is impossible for the rest of Spencer's body to disappear, there was no injury and no fault, there should have been no consequence. bold by me.
Like I keep saying, agree with John, Spencer's hands are around Taylor's waist, with arms down, if there was any contact with the head then it was accidental, Taylor ducked causing higher inpact! I am convinced it wasn't intended to be a high tackle!
4 weeks seems very harsh or am I looking through green tinted glasses? :smt017
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm 4 weeks seems very harsh or am I looking through green tinted glasses? :smt017
The latter.

If you got to any of the other forums or listen to any opinion from anybody not connected with Tigers virtually all say it was a red and a ban is appropriate.

I've just looked through some of the Tigers fans facebook messages and they are so one-eyed about it, it's ridiculous.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ourla wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm 4 weeks seems very harsh or am I looking through green tinted glasses? :smt017
The latter.

If you got to any of the other forums or listen to any opinion from anybody not connected with Tigers virtually all say it was a red and a ban is appropriate.

I've just looked through some of the Tigers fans facebook messages and they are so one-eyed about it, it's ridiculous.
Yes a 2/3 ban would have been appropriate not a four week ban!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Which is what he would have got if he had pleaded guilty.