Murphy wants the job full time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Murphy wants the job full time

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I have no problem with Murphy being the head coach for the rest of the season. Whenever he has been in charge for the LV cup campaigns, we have done well and looked good as a team. Granted I don’t think he did well under the guise of skills coach, but MOC did seem a control freak and we don’t know how much of an input Murphy was allowed. Considering the quality of the backline, I’ve no doubt he will get the attacking firing and play more heads up rugby.

If Murphy needs a helping hand with the backs, I’ve no doubt Allen could step up and help out in that area.

MOC was also in charge of the defence and I imagine Deacon will take over this aspect. Whenever he has been in charge of the defence it has improved immeasurably.

For me the club would be stupid not to bring in Rowntree to help out with the forwards as he has international experience with England and the Lions. If that unfortunately is at the expense of Bakewell then so be it, who has hardly set the world alight and was an MOC appointment.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 pm
Timmers wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm I haven’t seen any progress in the backs from Geordan that justifies him as a decent back coach let alone a shot at head coach!
A great player, YES
A great servant and tiger through and through YES
A coach of any description NO.
Very few set plays that come off, regular handling errors and a 10, 12 combo that’s in all honesty never gelled. Generally a few quality tries from May and vieanu which are individual.
Let’s get real here
That's because MOC not Geordan was in charge of the attack.
GM was the skills coach wasn't he? surely all the handling errors falls under skill?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 am
Timmers wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm I haven’t seen any progress in the backs from Geordan that justifies him as a decent back coach let alone a shot at head coach!
A great player, YES
A great servant and tiger through and through YES
A coach of any description NO.
Very few set plays that come off, regular handling errors and a 10, 12 combo that’s in all honesty never gelled. Generally a few quality tries from May and vieanu which are individual.
Let’s get real here
GM was the skills coach wasn't he? surely all the handling errors falls under skill?
In rugby talk Skills is more high balls type stuff.

Things like catching by the time they get to prem rugby should be pretty much done nearly.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:52 am
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 am

In rugby talk Skills is more high balls type stuff.

Things like catching by the time they get to prem rugby should be pretty much done nearly.
Like I said handling errors, knock on even from a high ball :smt017
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I must say I am excited to see what a Murphy picked team looks like...whether it will be the same (in names at least) or perhaps we could see holmes for instance...
lwade17

Post by lwade17 »

I can't see him changing much other than the Aussie internationals coming out. He was on LTTV saying MOC had already prepared the team for this game and he could only make slight tweaks. Or words to that effect. So hopefully MOC had already put a winning game plan together...
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 am I must say I am excited to see what a Murphy picked team looks like...whether it will be the same (in names at least) or perhaps we could see holmes for instance...
It will be interesting. I can't see any argument against picking Holmes!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Well Mike Ford won't be coming - just confirmed as Germany's head coach until end of November repechage campaign and then onwards if he manages to get them to the WC
Hehehehehehehehe
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I doubt there will be much change in personnel other than that created by absence or injury, hopefully there will be a change in philosophy.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:31 am
JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 am I must say I am excited to see what a Murphy picked team looks like...whether it will be the same (in names at least) or perhaps we could see holmes for instance...
What if Murphy decides to play Veainu on the wing? You could argue the case not to pick Holmes ahead of Veainu and May. :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 am Well Mike Ford won't be coming - just confirmed as Germany's head coach until end of November repechage campaign and then onwards if he manages to get them to the WC
TBH that still fits nicely with moving in as consultant after the first Prem match block
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am
ghdav27 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:31 am
What if Murphy decides to play Veainu on the wing? You could argue the case not to pick Holmes ahead of Veainu and May. :smt023
Maybe he'll do that and play himself at 15?