The next New Head Coach / DOR?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Who would you like to see as the next Head Coach / DOR of Leicester Tigers?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:53 am

Ben Ryan
10%
Vern Cotter
13%
Stuart Lancaster
8%
Geordan Murphy
28%
Ronan O Gara
5%
Andy Farrell
1%
Graham Rowntree
3%
Milton Haig
3%
John Mitchell
5%
Daryl Gibson
8%
Wayne Smith
4%
Robbie Deans
6%
Jim Mallender
1%
Mike Ford
4%

Total votes: 118

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Who would you like to see as the new DOR / Head Coach?

Post by sam16111986 »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm How about this as a coaching team ready for next season?

Head Coach- Geordan Murphy
Assistant Coach/Attack Coach- Sam Vesty
Forwards Coach- Mark Bakewell
Scrum Coach- Boris Stankovich
Defence Coach- Anthony Allen
Lineout Coach- Brett Deacon
Why would Vesty leave his new job to come back home when we haven't got a permanent DOR or HC in place. Vesty has just joined a team who have hired a big name head coach who wants to work with him.

I suspect Murphy is also looking forward to taking control of the attack and the backs finally.

I'd like to see Ben Herring return as defence/breakdown coach. He was excellent as a breakdown coach previously and has done well as a defence coach (and forwards coach) in the SH.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:53 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm How about this as a coaching team ready for next season?

Why would Vesty leave his new job to come back home when we haven't got a permanent DOR or HC in place. Vesty has just joined a team who have hired a big name head coach who wants to work with him.

I suspect Murphy is also looking forward to taking control of the attack and the backs finally.

I'd like to see Ben Herring return as defence/breakdown coach. He was excellent as a breakdown coach previously and has done well as a defence coach (and forwards coach) in the SH.
That's why I said ready for next season. He can spend a season with Saints this season and then join Tigers for next season.
Burtonbelle

Post by Burtonbelle »

Alex Sanderson
Alex Sanderson
Oh and Alex Sanderson
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

:smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Are you a agent for all ex Tigers players?
Vesty has just signed for Saints... Why would he want to come here?
Allen has no vast experience of working with defence at this level. He has done academy team, We need a world class defence coach after looking at the amount of missed tackles on Saturday
Why switch Deacon from defence to line out coach? from the amount of tries we conceded last year and first game this season he obviously inst up to the job! Bakewell should manage the line outs as forwards coach!
Come on you tigers!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why would Vesty move from Saints? He's a Tigers fan!

As previously mentioned, I said a coaching team for next season so Vesty would have had a season with Saints before moving to us.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

After last night i'm 100% sold on Murphy as Head coach.

But would like another senior coaching figure to be brought in.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:29 am Why would Vesty move from Saints? He's a Tigers fan!

As previously mentioned, I said a coaching team for next season so Vesty would have had a season with Saints before moving to us.
any new coaching team should be put together on ability not on what team they used to play for or who they support
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:44 am
ellis9 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:29 am Why would Vesty move from Saints? He's a Tigers fan!

any new coaching team should be put together on ability not on what team they used to play for or who they support
I think he means that Vesty would leave Saints because he is a Tiger through and through, nothing to do with selection.

And TBF to Vesty he has been one of the best backs coaches in the league and would get it entirely on his coaching credit.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am

I think he means that Vesty would leave Saints because he is a Tiger through and through, nothing to do with selection.

And TBF to Vesty he has been one of the best backs coaches in the league and would get it entirely on his coaching credit.
Yes. That's exactly what I meant. Vesty has done an excellent job so deserves a chance and he would leave Saints to come to us due to him being a Tigers fan.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Which is why Vesty would be a great choice. He's done an excellent job and is an excellent coach.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I don't think Sam Vesty would come back to Tigers, I believe he has some issues with Tigers.

(Oh by the way, see my previous posting, Andy Farrell still appears twice on our voting ballot list! Not very observant of anyone.)
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 am I don't think Sam Vesty would come back to Tigers, I believe he has some issues with Tigers.

(Oh by the way, see my previous posting, Andy Farrell still appears twice on our voting ballot list! Not very observant of anyone.)

believe he had issues with MOC (Same with Moody).
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

If "total commitment" is part of "the Tigers' way", then let's back Geordan Murphy. He's the Head Coach for the foreseeable future, let's get behind him and the boys.

The teflon hierarchy seem to have squeaked out of responsibility, once again, but re-organisation there is necessary. I note a number of possible candidates were ruled out by "having issues" with Tigers, I believe a certain 78-year old is one of them.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

I say we tell Geordie we will review it at Christmas and then decide if he needs a DOR / Consultant.

If its going OK - let's give him till the end if the RWC year - as we will need someone who knows our youngster's and can motivate them.

I also think from now on he's either head coach or its time to leave
Tigerbeat

Re: The next New Head Coach / DOR?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Andy Farrell was listed twice for some reason and after removing his duplicate, the vote seems to have reset. Apologies for this.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk