LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by kpj tiger »

I'd be disappointed to see Evans leave, when he's been fit he's always played well IMO. Not sure about him going to Quins because of the competition here though as they have Dombrandt, Bothma, Chisholm, Clifford, Kunatani, Robshaw and Wallace already
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For some reason I can’t see the Evans rumour being true. He’s either been ill or injured recently, hence why he hasn’t been making the 23. When he’s fit, he’s normally in or around the matchday squad.
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

In regards to Andre Dunn, that’s his younger brother Tane Dunn playing for wasps u18s. Neither of them regarded good enough by GED GLYNN
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

NZ players out of contract end of season.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all ... dan Taufua
Brodie Retallick
Beauden Barrett
Richie Mo'unga
Jack Goodhue
Ardie Savea
Aaron Smith
Ryan Crotty

Matt Todd
Dane Coles
Owen Franks
Tim Perry
Kane Holmes
Izzy Dagg
SBW
Luke Romano

Patrick Tuipulotu
Kieran Read
Liam Squire

Luke whitelock
Shannon Frizell
Jackson Hemopo
Elliot Dixon
Ngani Laumape
Jordie Barrett
Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi​
Waisake Naholo
Dalton Papalii

Bolded the player100% will be realistically off end of season. (Full time not sabbatical) 50/50 on Laumape though think he might stay.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers1213 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 am In regards to Andre Dunn, that’s his younger brother Tane Dunn playing for wasps u18s. Neither of them regarded good enough by GED GLYNN
From what people have said Andre Dunn was going to be given a contract but a visa issue stopped that.
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

All 3 Dunns will be at wasps soon. Pascelle Dunn, Andre Dunn and Tane Dunn. Huge loss for tigers
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pasqualle Dunn has been out of the Tigers set up for 5 years now pretty much.
Tane only just coming into the academy set-up.

Andre would be an annoying loss though.

Whether or not I would call it a huge loss i'm not sure, Umaga was an annoying loss but despite being a year older than Hardwick he hasn't really kicked on at Wasps yet.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tigers1213 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:36 am All 3 Dunns will be at wasps soon. Pascelle Dunn, Andre Dunn and Tane Dunn. Huge loss for tigers
You forgot Whelun Trulli Dunn.....
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:45 am Pasqualle Dunn has been out of the Tigers set up for 5 years now pretty much.
Tane only just coming into the academy set-up.

Andre would be an annoying loss though.

Whether or not I would call it a huge loss i'm not sure, Umaga was an annoying loss but despite being a year older than Hardwick he hasn't really kicked on at Wasps yet.
Some things never work out do they how you’d think. When Umaga left he was arguably one of the most promising young talents in the whole premiership, let alone just our academy.

Yet he hasn’t done anything at Wasps, not getting into their squad or setting the world alight in the A league.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 am For some reason I can’t see the Evans rumour being true. He’s either been ill or injured recently, hence why he hasn’t been making the 23. When he’s fit, he’s normally in or around the matchday squad.
It would be an odd signing for Quins considering the make up of their squad. Hopefully we'll see Evans rotated in for BOC next week so that both are kept match ready heading into the new year.

RB, agree completely on Umaga. Sense of disappointment when Wasps tempted him across the Midlands with more substantial wages. He's not really done anything and is still fourth choice at Wasps. Not making the squad even with their injuries. Hopefully that'll be pointed out to Hardwick and he'll sign a new contract with us giving him more game time to develop.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyway out of the list of NZ players leaving I would realistically try and sign Izzy Dagg and Laumape.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:27 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:52 pm Where do the Irish teams get their unknown upcoming stars from? We need Geordan to pop over to Ireland, seek out some of his countrymen.
Leicester had plenty of lads of that potential knocking around, they missed out to often for the connected etc.
Ask folk from Melton about the potential of young Wood as a teenager, lightning quick with footwork to match, overlooked to often and just generally kept down, he was a super talent for full time development in my opinion!
I've seen it with potential front rows as well, the blokes down at Hinckley will tell you how good the young lad was who joined the forces just over a couple years ago and how big his potential was to develop, just turned 18 and they couldn't believe how good he was and how good he could be!
Gone on for years and I could go on, but hopefully that will change!
RagingBull suggested next year will be a sign, and it will, if certain names get it then nothing has changed!
Absolutely. Genre kicked a fuss in Daily Mail about class prejudice in rugby, quoted on FB pages.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-un ... -1-4844604

With a two-year deal from the Tigers in his pocket, the degree is now on ice.
Wonder if that is his current contract or new contract?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

We wouldn’t be doing too badly by signing the three Du Preez brothers. Robert can cover fly half with the other two playing backrow or lock. All three good quality rugby players with international experience.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:57 am
Tigers1213 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:36 am All 3 Dunns will be at wasps soon. Pascelle Dunn, Andre Dunn and Tane Dunn. Huge loss for tigers
You forgot Whelun Trulli Dunn.....
SC that's trulli awful. The sad thing is after today's result I actually laughed at it.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!