Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers v Falcons

Post by Tomvarndell »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:31 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm TBF Thompstone is reliable.
smaller pitch so speed won't be that much a thing for him.

Also understandable why Murphy wouldn't want to change too much in his first game in charge.
Thompstone is a good player who's been a loyal servant. But IMO Holmes is a more natural try scorer, runs better supporting lines, chases kicks better, defends well and looks for work similar to May.

But what do I know compared to Geordie!
Basically just a better player :smt001
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I understand the wish to see Jonah Holmes involved but he played on Monday, none of those guys trained on Tuesday and Wednesday is a day off so to include Jonah this week was in my view not practical. As a winger Jonah either starts or misses out there are more versatile players for the bench.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

HantsTiger wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:36 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm Team broadly as expected. I think they'll run through our centres all day long, and I'm increasingly unconvinced by our front row - Cole and OTY are not delivering.
Just out of interest, how are you unconvinced by Cole and OTY? In the open or at scrum time?
In the open for Cole, and most places for OTY (dons tin hat!).
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

50% chance of rain in the second half.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm Team broadly as expected. I think they'll run through our centres all day long, and I'm increasingly unconvinced by our front row - Cole and OTY are not delivering.
Just out of interest, how are you unconvinced by Cole and OTY? In the open or at scrum time?
There isn't a hooker in the entire league that convinces me and that's probably why Hartley is England's pick.
Regarding Cole, I can't ever remember a player treated so poorly, whatever he earns it isn't enough.
I had a go at it once, the worst rugby experience of my life.
Toughest position on the pitch.
This bloke has been played into the ground and made to carry converted centres and a player that wouldn't look out of place packing down in The Shire next to Frodo Baggins.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 pm

There isn't a hooker in the entire league that convinces me and that's probably why Hartley is England's pick.
Regarding Cole, I can't ever remember a player treated so poorly, whatever he earns it isn't enough.
I had a go at it once, the worst rugby experience of my life.
Toughest position on the pitch.
This bloke has been played into the ground and made to carry converted centres and a player that wouldn't look out of place packing down in The Shire next to Frodo Baggins.
Most people say Jamie George, but I actually prefer Cowan-Dickie and Singleton.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

These games are always interesting, following a bad loss or an unacceptable performance. The talk all week has been as expected, we’re going to make the fans proud blah blah, but the only thing that matters is on the pitch. From what I saw from my arm chair last week, Tigers are a squad with no confidence and not much of a game plan, A or B. I don’t expect Murphy to change either of these in 4 days, but (arghhh !) we should see energy and passion - ahem, which shouldn’t need to be asked for. The danger is that it starts with us flying into rucks and the tackle but old habits are hard to shake off and one error leads to another etc, the old insecurities return. The jury is very much out on Bakewell for me. He came in, there was an improvement from our forwards for two or three games, then we reverted back. Nothing at Sandy Park told me that anything has changed. It should be an interesting watch.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Disappointed I can’t make it today, I won’t know of the results until tomorrow evening but I wish the Tigers the best of luck :smt023.

The start of something new perhaps?

COYT!!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 pm I understand the wish to see Jonah Holmes involved but he played on Monday, none of those guys trained on Tuesday and Wednesday is a day off so to include Jonah this week was in my view not practical. As a winger Jonah either starts or misses out there are more versatile players for the bench.
Fair point John, but Harry Mallinder played in the same game on Monday and put in a good 1 hour shift last night.....
Soggypitch
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Listening sounds like they're on fire! 22-0 already!
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

4 tries in 22 minutes. Sort of makes you wonder what all the fuss has been about.

Wibble.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Although some of our tackling still leaves something to desire.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Any early indication on the injuries to Eastmond and O’Connor
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

DaveRave wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:32 pm Although some of our tackling still leaves something to desire.
The tackling of some individuals is absolutely dreadful.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Not there but listening on Radio Leicester, it sounds as though defensively we are suspect again, but fortunately we've managed to get points on the board. The win isn't guaranteed at this point.

Penalty count high.