Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Falcons

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:08 pm
drc_007 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:14 pm Not one try scored from open play, both scored from defensive lapses by Saracens,
Do you expect Tigers to be without defensive lapses?
I would certainly hope we don’t forget to post a guard and bodyguard at the rucks.
But you never know
It's not just a question of a guard but one who can tackle and react to players coming through that route. Imagine if it's Dan Cole (sorry Dan) up against the likes of Goneva......
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Cole mucked it up last year against Goneva - you would hope someone has told our forwards to watch him at the base of rucks - wouldn't you ???
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

MikeR wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 am Cole mucked it up last year against Goneva - you would hope someone has told our forwards to watch him at the base of rucks - wouldn't you ???
Not just told them but drilled it in to them via practice on the training field. Isn't that what pre-sesaon's for? Oh .. I forgot O'Connor didn't bother with one. Hopefully they will review the last debacle against Falcons at some point this week and realise they need to practice this.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I hear Matt Carley is 'Sir'.

So...that's all right then.

:smt010
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 pm I hear Matt Carley is 'Sir'.

So...that's all right then.

:smt010
The TMO will earn their salary then. Still it could have been worse it could have been Craig Maxwell Keyes.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ourla wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:16 pm Clearly what the 23 is a little bit secondary at the moment as it's not a personnel issue but a fitness/coaching/tactical/preparedness issue.

It's hard to predict but my best guess is that because we are at home, as good as Newcastle are they are not Exeter or Sarries, because the coaches/players will be hurting and because we can only improve that we will put in a half decent performance and possibly nick it.

Good for no one I suspect but that's the way these things work.
I agree I hope MOC gone syndrome kicks in and they all step up
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:16 pm Clearly what the 23 is a little bit secondary at the moment as it's not a personnel issue but a fitness/coaching/tactical/preparedness issue.

It's hard to predict but my best guess is that because we are at home, as good as Newcastle are they are not Exeter or Sarries, because the coaches/players will be hurting and because we can only improve that we will put in a half decent performance and possibly nick it.

There has to be big reaction! If not, then MOC departure is not the whole problem?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I hate it when we say that we need a reaction, because we shouldn’t need one, it should be the norm every week. I hope I’m wrong but Matt leaving feels to me like one part of a large problem removed. When you slide below the required standards it’s difficult to get back up to where you think you should be. Look at Bath. The board have a lot to answer for. On the field, i’m not convinced.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Congratulations to Gaston Cortes, who has been named on the bench for the Los Pumas against the All Blacks in the Rugby Championship.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Will Toomua and TPN return again before the end of the Rugby Championship?

If not when are they back for the season?

Frankly I don't think it's worth bringing them back for a week, just get them back permanently asap!!
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 am Congratulations to Gaston Cortes, who has been named on the bench for the Los Pumas against the All Blacks in the Rugby Championship.

and yet deemed not good enough to come off the bench during a thrashing. :smt017
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Let’s pray and hope that Murphy has more confidence in his players.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:34 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

There has to be big reaction! If not, then MOC departure is not the whole problem?
The problem is it could be just a dead cat bounce
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I am predicting a bonus point win for us on Saturday.

I see nothing from the Falcons that should concern us
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

....perhaps as a skills coach is not where GM shines and he has the tactical nous and man management to get us to play as a team once again. Looking from the outside he appears not to have enhanced the skill set of the players as noticeable from the poor/abysmal handling in respect of passing and receiving.
Whoever takes over this role will I hope have the capacity to bring the necessary skills to the table!!!

I suspect Deano will no longer be licking his lips for this one after Saturday's debacle and we can only hope the players are given another game plan which they can actually follow.
Still a long way to go, plenty of points to play for, Bakewell's initial impact seemed to have reverted back to the poor displays by the forwards prior to his appointment. I wonder if MOC impinged on this area as there was a great deal of kudos going to Bakewell in respect of the form the team were showing at the time. Bakewell is going to be an integral part of this new rebuild and hope GM allows him to do what he needs to do. The forwards have a lot to answer for, I know with the tactics MOC employed on Saturday it did not give them a chance to shine but with the experience within the team we should not need to have the coaches hold their hands in respect of their performances on the pitch.....