A league on Monday night @ Loughborough 7:30PM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: A league on Monday night @ Loughborough 7:30PM

Post by RagingBull »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 pm 11-19 try for Osman Dimen(?)
Student
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Worth try, converted by Joe Ford.

18-19 with 8 minutes to go.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:44 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm
drc_007 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 pmNow 6-19
They thrashed us last year, at Leicester Grammar if I remember. Assume that's 2 pens, no tries for us?
Not sure how old you are LE18 but I'll put that last question down to a "senior moment" or perhaps it's the excitement of MOC's departure :smt002
Hi Soggy, yes i'm quite old, cannot really understand your comment though, i'm that old.
Point I was trying to make was that Tigers scored no tries on Saturday and at the time of my posting, we still hadn't crossed the line! Is that clearer or have I missed something? I'm sure I went to watch at Leicester Grammar last year, or did I ? Cam Jordan got yellow carded!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

FULL TIME - Tigers 18 Saints 19
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Good effort against an experienced Saints team.
Soggypitch
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 pm Good effort against an experienced Saints team.
Looking at the starting line ups our boys did well. Saints had a lot more experience up front.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm

They thrashed us last year, at Leicester Grammar if I remember. Assume that's 2 pens, no tries for us?
Not sure how old you are LE18 but I'll put that last question down to a "senior moment" or perhaps it's the excitement of MOC's departure :smt002
Hi Soggy, yes i'm quite old, cannot really understand your comment though, i'm that old.
Point I was trying to make was that Tigers scored no tries on Saturday and at the time of my posting, we still hadn't crossed the line! Is that clearer or have I missed something? I'm sure I went to watch at Leicester Grammar last year, or did I ? Cam Jordan got yellow carded!
As you can see from my post it was light hearted, because you asked if we had scored any trys (or two pens) and at the time we had 6 points.....can't think of any scenario where we could have scored a try and got 6 points! Sorry if I missed your point!
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:40 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 pm

As you can see from my post it was light hearted, because you asked if we had scored any trys (or two pens) and at the time we had 6 points.....can't think of any scenario where we could have scored a try and got 6 points! Sorry if I missed your point!
I worded it badly. :smt052
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:34 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 pm Good effort against an experienced Saints team.
Looking at the starting line ups our boys did well. Saints had a lot more experience up front.
Absolutely a good effort, shame the ball fell off the tee when Joe ford was running up for a conversion - but then, Wanderers missed a conversion too.

To my non-coach eye, the forwards looked ok, scrum was solid enough - against a supposedly better Wanderers front row.

Aspland-Robinson and Jonah Holmes looked good, both seemed to be organising and leading our younger lads quite well, hopefully both get a chance in the first team sooner rather than later. George worth looked hungry at 12 too.

We were more than even up to 20 minutes then Wanderers had the best of the 20-40 minute period and Matt Smith going off (injured I think) threw us off a little, despite that the lads came out after the break and gave a good account of themselves.

Worth the trip to Loughborough and the rain pretty much held off. Would still have preferred it at Welford Road though.

Considering I was half expecting a battering that was a very encouraging evening watching our guys give it a good go, work to do but if they carry on like that they'll be right.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.