Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Painful!

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:15 pm
newport tiger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 am The title of this thread is "PAINFUL?" and that's exactly what it was for us who love and give our support to our club, i do wonder however do the players share our pain? At the full time whistle Manu went to shake hands with the opposition with a huge smile on his face. I'm sure very few if any supporters expected a win yesterday but that performance was dreadful with only Denton coming through with any credit.
He was just being respectful I guess by shaking everybody’s hand, your comment is very assumptive in my opinion. He was smiling because perhaps an Exeter player made a joke?
I'd say it was a cornerstone of the game, respect between players and leaving what happened in the game behind once the final whistle has been blown. I'd be disappointed to see our boys not acknowledge the opposition and just trudge down the tunnel.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Absolutely agree Sam :smt023.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

It would appear my comments about Manu smiling have been taken out of context. I didn't suggest for one moment that you shouldn't respect the opposition or "trudge off down the tunnel sulking". I just don't get how you can be part of a performance like that and come off smiling. I don't ever remember Johnno smiling in defeat(actually I can't remember him smiling after a victory either but I'm sure you get my point).
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Bristol worked their way up field without kicking the ball away. Pat Lam said that once they gain possession of the ball they would create chances and they did through making the hard yards just like the Tigers used to do?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigermum
Tiger Cub

Post by tigermum »

We went to the Match at Exeter. Watching Matt O’Connor, alone on the Tigers end of the pitch, putting out cones before the warm up and then the complete lack of friendly/cooperative body language between him and the rest of the coaching staff was illuminating. He looked disinterested and as though the weight of the world was on his shoulders. There was no positivity or energy emanating from him. He looked as though he really didn’t care. I watched him from the pitch side as the players came out to warm up and there was no sense of unity with him. Very sad.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigermum wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 pm We went to the Match at Exeter. Watching Matt O’Connor, alone on the Tigers end of the pitch, putting out cones before the warm up and then the complete lack of friendly/cooperative body language between him and the rest of the coaching staff was illuminating. He looked disinterested and as though the weight of the world was on his shoulders. There was no positivity or energy emanating from him. He looked as though he really didn’t care. I watched him from the pitch side as the players came out to warm up and there was no sense of unity with him. Very sad.
Pretty much the same as at Castres away last season, but then those players were a lot of the second stringers...so to speak.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

tigermum wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 pm We went to the Match at Exeter. Watching Matt O’Connor, alone on the Tigers end of the pitch, putting out cones before the warm up and then the complete lack of friendly/cooperative body language between him and the rest of the coaching staff was illuminating. He looked disinterested and as though the weight of the world was on his shoulders. There was no positivity or energy emanating from him. He looked as though he really didn’t care. I watched him from the pitch side as the players came out to warm up and there was no sense of unity with him. Very sad.
Thanks Tigermum, I totally agree my earlier post this morning identified the same lone cone ranger.
Has Matt really got no friends unable to achieve this task rather than him giving team motivating speeches
Many Tigers & Chiefs fans were saying on the walk back to the station that "Matt must go asap!!!!"
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:34 pmMany Tigers & Chiefs fans were saying on the walk back to the station that "Matt must go asap!!!!"
Did they offer any suggestions regarding viable replacements?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noticed the same a couple of times last season at WR. A stark contrast to Cocker who was continually 'communicating' pre-match.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:15 pm
newport tiger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 am The title of this thread is "PAINFUL?" and that's exactly what it was for us who love and give our support to our club, i do wonder however do the players share our pain? At the full time whistle Manu went to shake hands with the opposition with a huge smile on his face. I'm sure very few if any supporters expected a win yesterday but that performance was dreadful with only Denton coming through with any credit.
He was just being respectful I guess by shaking everybody’s hand, your comment is very assumptive in my opinion. He was smiling because perhaps an Exeter player made a joke?
I'd say it was a cornerstone of the game, respect between players and leaving what happened in the game behind once the final whistle has been blown. I'd be disappointed to see our boys not acknowledge the opposition and just trudge down the tunnel.
I get all the stuff about respecting the opposition and all that but even at my lowly level in various sports I never came off the field, court, dojo with a big grin on my face if I'd just a had thrashing like that :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

I saw the same at (I think) Gloucester last season. Hashed up a move within the 10 with a lazy piece of handling and laughed his socks off.Telusa did something similar and was spitting feathers.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well here we go again.
Same old same old. Toothless. Lack of direction. Players on pitch being AWOL.
And since when do Tigers give up.!!!!
Whats better in stripes????

How long must fans suffer this indignity. Same cliches being regurgitated at post match interviews.
On paper we have a team many clubs could only dream for. So why the continual drop in form and stats.

Well done to Exeter and Mr Rob. the rise has been meteoric, consistent and with one signing relying on academy.

So the next task Newcastle and Mr Dean ?????
:smt013