Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Who's gonna fail?

Post by ellis9 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 am There should be some regulation surrounding the ratio of debt to assets.

I have no idea if Ealing have debts, but if the owners walk away and there is significant debt on the club, what assets do they have to survive? They have minimal support and no stadium. They won't even be able to afford to pay a playing squad and the necessary medical support team of that support without all the other costs involved.

This should apply to all clubs in all leagues IMO.
The reported figure is that they’ve been funded to the tune of £25m by Mr Trailfinders.

I’ve nothing against them, just don’t think their business model is one that ought to be promoted. They’ve already stated they’ll probably be ground sharing with a football club to get into the league.
An unlikeable business model and ground sharing with a football club. So, sounds about right for the Premiership then doesn't it?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 pm I'll stick my neck out and go for Exeter to fall away, but Worcester to go down. Sarries and Gloucester to finish one and two. Miles out, no doubt.
Gloucester won't finish in the top 2. I'm still sticking with my pre season prediction that Tigers will finish above them and Saints for that matter.
I agree about Northampton, but I guess we ought to see the new squads before a better forecast can be made.
Even then, I would probably be wide of the mark. It's a funny old game.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:28 pm
ellis9 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 pm I'll stick my neck out and go for Exeter to fall away, but Worcester to go down. Sarries and Gloucester to finish one and two. Miles out, no doubt.
Gloucester won't finish in the top 2. I'm still sticking with my pre season prediction that Tigers will finish above them and Saints for that matter.
I agree about Northampton, but I guess we ought to see the new squads before a better forecast can be made.
Even then, I would probably be wide of the mark. It's a funny old game.
New squads?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Would it be a bad thing to share a ground at a football stadium? look at Sarries, Wasps, ( QPR, Wycombe Wanderers ), and Bristol. It is a viable move, and someone like Ealing Trailfinders would find a ground. All this of course would be reliant on a crowd increase.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm Would it be a bad thing to share a ground at a football stadium? look at Sarries, Wasps, ( QPR, Wycombe Wanderers ), and Bristol. It is a viable move, and someone like Ealing Trailfinders would find a ground. All this of course would be reliant on a crowd increase.
Perhaps the people who have decided to stop attending Tigers could go to Ealing?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

If they do get promoted, then Wycombe Wanderer's ground is available, now Wasps have left it. I could then wave to them, as I travel past up to Welford Road. :smt005
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46922849

Pretty well staggered by this. Expect my opinion is the same as everyone else'
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not me,ringfencing has to and will happen.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

No. That's not fair. What if, for example, Ealing win the league 2 years in a row but then in the third season, they finish second or below so can't get promoted and have to wait another 3 years.

I find it quite disturbing how a billionaire owner has taken over a yoyo club and is now saying the league should be ring fenced. I hope it isn't ring fenced and he then leaves the club.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I agree with Scott.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni