Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Exeter team

Post by markharbtiger »

I’ve just read the independent piece on Saturday’s game
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 19256.html
What’s noteworthy (sorry if others have commented on this already) is Baxter’s comment on being aware of the lack of preseason game time for some of our players!! Guess that explains his game plan going into that game! Looks like an easy-to-exploit weakness to me, but I’ll leave it to others more qualified to say whether it is reasonable to not only be in this position but to have your opposition be (apparently) well aware.
I’m hoping more game time will help, although I wonder whether slow starts can be afforded anymore in this league... :smt009
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:01 am Dear Matt O'Connor

I turn 66 today. I have a dicky ticker, a dodgy bladder and I need new glasses. I've reached the point where I take pills - not stairs - two at a time.

By your criteria, I consider myself fit for selection for the Newcastle game. I stand ready to give my all for at least 3 minutes and would prefer to be on the nearest wing to the changing rooms!

Strawclearer xxx

With a cv like that I reckon you stand a good chance of selection :smt003 . Please report to Oval Park tomorrow at 0730 am to be introduced to your prospective teammates. Don't worry about having to learn things like defensive systems or line out calls as the coaches have decided to dispense with them this season.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm 2 things.

1. The huge amount of missed tackles is symptomatic of unfit / unready / ill-prepared players. The responsibility for players being that much off the pace lies squarely with the head coach. Take the worst example Kalamafoni. That one of last season's most consistent performers in defence is suddenly the worst indicates to me that he was "undercooked". One of those referred to by MOC as 40, 60 or 80 minutes away from readiness I assume. Rather than slating him and the others I feel sympathy for them at being sent out play by a coach who is clearly out of his depth.

2. As far as players going to the board about the coach I believe the club has history in this respect, coincidentally with another Australian coach. There was a strong rumour that a certain Mr R Dwyer was removed from his post following interventions by a certain D Richards and A Healy, both formerly of this parish, to a certain P Wheeler former Director of our proud club. We all know what followed. Four Premiership titles in succession and back to back European cups. So maybe we should jettison MOC, appoint Geordan head coach and get a top class defence coach to supplement the other coaches we currently have in post.
Without Bob Dwyer the success that followed wouldn't of happened, that gets forgotten by most, he turned the club professional.
On the basis of MOC's comments the forwards should all be up to speed for the Falcons...........
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Geordan should not be the next head coach. (I don’t want to open up that discussion on this thread, there are others on which to do this, so please no new suggestions here).
Valhalla I am coming!
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Let's face it tiger fans we have been in a steady decline for several years and unless there are big changes in our coaching team we are destined to be a mid table team or worse for the foreseeable future