Exeter team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter-Away

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Do we really need another thread on this?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Exeter team

Post by HantsTiger »

Plum bottom of the table and rightly so, rudderless..... Denton the only player to come out the game with any credit.

I'd give MoC and Cohen 3 more games, we can't have a squad like this performing this poorly.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm All the experience, all the quality players, just wish we had a plan B when things don’t work.
I actually wish we had a plan A as I couldn’t spot one ...

Btw. That last try means we are bottom of the table. BBC has put the headline that we were “thrashed” - sums it up perfectly.

I know it was Exeter away, but Exeter were rusty and made plenty of mistakes. They weren’t at 100% by a long way.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 pm Should be an interesting forum meetng on Tuesday
I’d hate to say it but I’m calling on all Tigers supporters to go all-out football style next week against Falcons, show our distaste, show our anger, make banners etc we have got to force the Board to act as soon as possible.

We didn’t play Tuilagi at all for about 50 minutes, no cohesion, no desire, completely wrong tactics, no communication, lineout absolute pile of :censored, Cole left on for far too long. Are the Board blind, do they want us to get relegated? you are really testing my loyalty and we’ve barely even started!!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:19 pm OK, so Exeter played well...
That's the thing though, by their standards for large swathes of the game they didn't. There were plenty of errors Tigers of old would have exploited, this lot however just rolled over.

Tigers just aren't Tigers any more :smt090
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

That was one of the most abject, spineless, embarrassing performances I have seen in over ten years of following Tigers. Without any fuss, emotion or further ado, O'Connor should be fired. He clearly has no idea how to get what on the face of it are a bunch of very talented players to perform. They too seem incapable of diverting from whatever plan is in place.
Message to the board: Take note or you will find a large number of supporters refusing to put up with any more of this garbage!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just had posh Richard on the blower. "What ho! Fancy coming down to Gloucester and watching some of your old boys play for a decent side?"
I replied with as much dignity as I could muster. "I've just watched a side play like my side used to. No nonsense coach, proper club, great team ethic and fanatic support.....I'd sooner watch them."
It's envy at its worst, but Exeter showed what attitude and application can do. Our lot? Jesus wept!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:27 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 pm Should be an interesting forum meetng on Tuesday
I’d hate to say it but I’m calling on all Tigers supporters to go all-out football style next week against Falcons, show our distaste, show our anger, make banners etc we have got to force the Board to act as soon as possible.

We didn’t play Tuilagi at all for about 50 minutes, no cohesion, no desire, completely wrong tactics, no communication, lineout absolute pile of :censored, Cole left on for far too long. Are the Board blind, do they want us to get relegated? you are really testing my loyalty and we’ve barely even started!!!
I agree about a demo.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Crofty wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:19 pm OK, so Exeter played well...
That's the thing though, by their standards for large swathes of the game they didn't. There were plenty of errors Tigers of old would have exploited, this lot however just rolled over.

Tigers just aren't Tigers any more :smt090
I thought I'd temper my post by saying they played well...sounds a little better than:

"a bunch of toothless embarrassments to a proud club/shirt who went out unfit and unprepared with no obvious game plan or idea of how to change a game were battered by a good team that weren't exactly firing on all cylinders themselves but had obviously bothered to spend a bit of time together in the weeks leading up to the first game."

I didn't want to be too damning.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Spicer wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm Okay so that was abysmal.
However we won't be relegated like some are suggesting. We got battered by Exeter, not Bristol or Worcester
based on that performance the Tigers can easily get relegated!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:55 pm
Spicer wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm Okay so that was abysmal.
However we won't be relegated like some are suggesting. We got battered by Exeter, not Bristol or Worcester
based on that performance the Tigers can easily get relegated!!
Yep.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Snowdrop wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:34 pm That was one of the most abject, spineless, embarrassing performances I have seen in over ten years of following Tigers. Without any fuss, emotion or further ado, O'Connor should be fired. He clearly has no idea how to get what on the face of it are a bunch of very talented players to perform. They too seem incapable of diverting from whatever plan is in place.
Message to the board: Take note or you will find a large number of supporters refusing to put up with any more of this garbage!
I mean we could easily veto games?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'm sure Matt will write his piece in the Merc this week assuring us all that will be well."

"We need to stick together. Work hard on the training ground. We need to work harder. We need to be better.....blah blah blah blah."

I'm not usually a 'get him out' kind of supporter but MOC has been an absolute disaster. How bad does it have to get?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Vetoing games isn’t really an option, as it’s not just the players that would suffer but all the other staff getting laid off if it was to continue. I am not a great advocate of sacking after 1 game either. There is no replacement available so we will be binning one problem for another. MOC needs to come up with the goods very quickly. This game was always going to be a test and we failed. There can be no excuses for the fitness levels or complete lack of game plan. But sacking MOC isn’t a real option.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 pmShould be an interesting forum meetng on Tuesday
You reckon? Or will it be like a previous one, comments accepted, soundbites given..... until one person dared to suggest that the players didn't look committed or bothered by the (then) situation.

Then you get Geordan, OTY and Matt Toomua looking hurt, angry and becoming emotional and upset that the players were being questioned - how dare anyone suggest they don't care.

But nothing changed..... nor will it this time I dare to suggest. People get the feeling there's no commitment or care because that's how it appears from the outside. MOC will (again) probably talk about not caring about outside noise or opinions - but when it's your own supporters who pay out hard earned cash to support the team through thick and thin, they :censored: well should listen. Your own supporters are not 'white noise' (I think he called it) they are the lifeblood of the club.

Fair play for having arranged the evening for Tuesday, but I bet they weren't expecting to be facing a backlash on the back of one of the worst drubbings I can remember seeing - and I, like others - have sat through a few over the last 3-4 season particularly.

Enough of the platitudes to other teams about how good they are, address our own issues and either get, or allow, these players to play to their known abilities. If there's a senior player cadre who are disrupting things, get rid of them too.

A once very proud club (not just when winning) is being made to look more and more of a farce by the day.

Billy Smart would walk away from this circus and these clowns....