Thompstone as a Centre ??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thompstone as a Centre ??

Post by fortysix »

Adam is a great asset, too reliable to let go, but with our ultra quick wings, and problems in the centres, surely he would be the answer to our problems there, taking over from Matt's 1 and 2 ..

What do the forum users think ?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Thompstone as a Centre ??

Post by voice of the crumbie »

fortysix wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm Adam is a great asset, too reliable to let go, but with our ultra quick wings, and problems in the centres, surely he would be the answer to our problems there, taking over from Matt's 1 and 2 ..

Outside centre yes. Inside centre no. I think he lacks the 2nd playmaker skills that we need at 12.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

13 yes but not at 12
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

fortysix wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm Adam is a great asset, too reliable to let go, but with our ultra quick wings, and problems in the centres, surely he would be the answer to our problems there, taking over from Matt's 1 and 2 ..

I am sure he’d do a good job at outside centre, and last season,with Malouf, Holmes and May available it might have made a lot of sense. I think though this season, we probably should focus on the centres we have, including Owen, Worth and Olowofela. May will miss maybe half the season with internationals etc, so Thompstone will be needed on the wing for maybe 15 games.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I raised this as a topic last year but was shot down for 2 reasons, 1, why move a very good winger from his first choice position and 2, apparently he has been tried there previously (although I can't remember him ever playing there)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 am

I raised this as a topic last year but was shot down for 2 reasons, 1, why move a very good winger from his first choice position and 2, apparently he has been tried there previously (although I can't remember him ever playing there)
IIRC he played at 13 four or so years ago for a game or two.