Invasion?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Invasion?

Post by bc »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 am Could be wrong but Uppingham recently felt more like it's closer to Saints anyway.
I would suggest that Rutland is very much Tigers territory.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 pm As a school I'd suggest that Uppingham like any other school wants to look as attractive as possible to students and provide as much opportunity as possible and that might include expanding the net.
It could be that someone feels that their pupils are not gaining the opportunities that they deserve and therefore are reaching out to others.
Just guessing really and who knows!

Regarding academy, personally I find the whole thing a purge on nature, and as regards to winning the thing, it isn't that difficult if you are lucky enough to have a year group with more big and fast youngsters than the rest, which is laughable as they move into seniors as being biggest and fastest is no longer a luxury that they will have and other attributes become more important, attributes that they didn't need to learn being the biggest and fastest kids!
Makes no sense whatsoever!
Uppingham is a full boarding school, its Summer, so their pupils wont be there, so a coaching clinic at this time of the year can't be for the school's benefit! :smt017
As suggested, the benefit to the school is to look as attractive as possible to students.
It's also summer at Bishop Burton.
Residential camps are not uncommon.
I've no idea about the one in question and don't need to know, was simply trying to be helpful in working out why a foreign club was working in the area.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

bc wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 am Could be wrong but Uppingham recently felt more like it's closer to Saints anyway.
I would suggest that Rutland is very much Tigers territory.
Maybe but the school has provided more saints academy players than Tigers recently I believe.

Anyway Nick De Luca is head of rugby at the school and also being a Wasps DPP coach will bring wasps connections with him