Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mystery Explained

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Short memories on this forum.

We lost the 2009 HC final the moment Crane went off injured (and losing Geordan as well didn't help either). We were well in front at that point, and no matter what you might think in those days we never gave up a decent lead in a match (how things have changed now :smt022).

He was never the same after his injury problems, his last few seasons at Tigers were definitely on the downward spiral but the reputation he has on here is ridiculous.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Very short memories on this forum. Seems some still resent the fact that Cockers selected him above TTTE...

Up until that season out with injury he was a fantastic player, and then when he came back he worked incredibly hard to get back to somewhere close to where he was before. The back row that we never really got a chance to see; Croft, Moody/Newby/Salvi/Herring, Crane; the balance was perfect.

And then there was that kick. And the try against London Irish.

Never gonna be world class, but he was a class player in a Tigers shirt and Bristol are very lucky to have him.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 am I agree with it,"gainline" Crane I used to call him because he never got over it! How many top AP clubs past and present would he have got into it?
Can you just give us a full list of your ‘hilarious’ cheap shots at every player you don’t rate in a single post? Then give it a rest and focus on more constructive discussion. Just a thought.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Not forgetting -He did a job gave and Tigers a platform. Week in week out he put his body on the line and secured ball most would have shied away from.
Yes we are in a different era of rugby. Would I have a young Crane in a tiger set up now ..... You bet.....
If your reading JC - thanks for your service as a Tiger :smt038
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I call a spade a spade simple as.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

When it comes to control of the football then Crane did a great job for Leicester and of course this allowed the likes of Woods, Newby, Croft and Moody to do what they did and what ultimately won titles.
As a unit they were one of the best and in my opinion it was a much more talented and competitive period in Premiership history.
Yes they are well muscled up these days but in all other aspects of the game they don't come close by comparison to that period.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I rated the JC in a Saxon shirt as better than Nick Easter & his international prospects were massively hindered by the way he played for Tigers. His control at the base of the scrum was the best of its time & arguably not bettered since. The anti brigade are emboldened by the stupid decision of RC to play him unfit & out of form in front of TTE, proof to some of us that Cockers wasn't HC or DOR material.
To win is not as important as playing with style!