Bronze Member

Re: 2018-19 squad

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:58 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 pm

You forgot Thacker.
And Gareth Owen

Mind you, Toomua is officially listed on the squad page as a Fly Half and Worth as a Full Back - preferred positions but clearly do/can play as centres.
Hasn't Olowefela also played 13?
Well thank goodness Tigers employ professional "Bean counters!", Management and Coaches that can distinguish between Wings 4, Centres 5 & Forwards 26 + include all the missing flock! :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: 2018-19 squad

Post by iceman_19 »

Baz wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 am Of course they're classed as backs! No one is talking about "backs". I have long been concerned about the lack of attacking centres. If any of our better centres is injured, it has a devastating effect on our attacking capabilities. My comment was based upon the club's own designation of the positions of the players concerned (counting Gareth Owen as a centre!). Tait et al act as centres only when circumstances (usually bad) demand. Would anyone pretend that, under those circumstances, we have a penetrating attack?
What a weird post. Your point seems to be that, if we lose our best centres, our attacking capability is diminished. Well, yes, of course it is - as much as it would be nice to have SBW, Ringrose, Huw Jones etc in reserve, that’s not really realistic is it?

Our four ‘front line’ centres are Toomua, Manu, Eastmond and Owen. That is a hell of a quartet right there that already offers more quality and depth than most other teams in the league.

Behind them, you have a mixture of reliable campaigners - Tait, Smith and apparently Brendan Macken - with younger talent like Hardwick, Worth, Thacker and Jordan O. I don’t think there is an issue with depth in that position at all.

As others have mentioned, front foot ball is key. My main hope is that the issues in second row/back row have been addressed - the signs are promising.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com