Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Captaincy

Post by fentiger »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm
Brutus wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am I wonder why Dan Cole has never been touted as a potential Captain? I could see Genge emerging as a candidate.
I'm not sure Gengey speaks the same language as most refs - or even most players...

“Allow it fam, that call is well annoying” = "Stop it, ref - that decision is dubious"
“Look man, the ref. Don’t look so bait.” = "The ref will get you if you look suspicious"
“Don’t blow again ref, it costing us bare” = "Don't penalise me again, ref - the score's getting away from us!"
“I ain't trying to chirpse you, fam! You ain’t from these ends, are you?” = "I'm not trying to chat you up here, ref! You're not from round here, are you?"
“You should come chill with the mandem tonight, bruv.” = "Do join us for a pint later, ref!"
:smt023
Yet another post where a 'like' button would suffice!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

There have been several prop captains at international level, I suppose Phil Vickery was he most recent for England. The qualities needed for captain vary with the player but choosing the captain needs a good knowledge of the personality of the player and I don't think many of us fans know the individuals we happily suggest well enough to make the choices we do. Personally I am happy to leave the job with Tom and in his absence give the role to brother Ben.
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm There have been several prop captains at international level, I suppose Phil Vickery was he most recent for England. The qualities needed for captain vary with the player but choosing the captain needs a good knowledge of the personality of the player and I don't think many of us fans know the individuals we happily suggest well enough to make the choices we do. Personally I am happy to leave the job with Tom and in his absence give the role to brother Ben.
:smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:11 pm Liked by his Bath teammates? According to their fans Blackadder is still cleaning up the "toxic" environment the Fords left behind!
Wow Bath fans are a great source, I remember when they all claimed Dan carter was about to sign and then got Donald, and Blackadder isn't doing the best of jobs cleaning up mainly because a certain person higher up is pretty clueless (I also don't rate Blackadder that much really)....

How about speaking to some of his Bath teammates before letting the fans speak for them, Blackadder didn't name him vice captain for no reason.

Mike Ford is very different to George Ford despite how much you might think otherwise.