Post by Brutus »

Kyle Eastmond has signed for Tigers

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... lford-road
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Eastmond

Post by sapajo »

Lose a world class centre and replace him with Eastmond. Beggars belief, that sums up Tigers player recruitment in a nutshell :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

sapajo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 am Lose a world class centre and replace him with Eastmond. Beggars belief, that sums up Tigers player recruitment in a nutshell :smt009
Who exactly should Tiger's be signing for this season? No big names are going to move in a WC year. We can sign a replacement for Toomua next season - he's still here!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I've a good feeling about this one.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 am
sapajo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 am Lose a world class centre and replace him with Eastmond. Beggars belief, that sums up Tigers player recruitment in a nutshell :smt009
Who exactly should Tiger's be signing for this season? No big names are going to move in a WC year. We can sign a replacement for Toomua next season - he's still here!!
Some people just don't have a clue do they?!

If only it was simple to sign a world class player in a season which leads up to the World Cup!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Seriously I’m glad I don’t live in your world :smt015
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Because clearly you'd do a better job then so late in the year?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Coops wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am
Because clearly you'd do a better job then so late in the year?
He has got a point! Why didn’t we sell Genge back to Bristol and with the money buy out Nonu and SBW contracts and bring them in as a replacements. :smt002
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am
He has got a point! Why didn’t we sell Genge back to Bristol and with the money buy out Nonu and SBW contracts and bring them in as a replacements. :smt002
Yeah you're right, sorry, just wasn't thinking outside the box.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

I’ve got to agree with everyone else, I think the board has bought in the best player available in that position, Eastmond in a international centre with a playing history with both Ford and Tuilagi, and to get him in a season early rather than wait until Toomua leaves is a great, I know he’s had he’s injury problem recently but if he can get anywhere near the form he had 2/3 seasons ago he’ll offer us something I don’t think we’ve had for a while a quick and allusive centre.
And with toomu here till the end of the season I hope tigers use that and have Hardwick shadow him for the rest of the season to try and sponge as much of his style of play as possible
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Yes he was injured at Wasps but he also didn’t fit in with their game plan of a ball player at 10 and 12.

I would have thought that those who feel Ford and Toomua struggle in the same team together would be delighted and he is a more powerful runner ball in hand than Toomua
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm Yes he was injured at Wasps but he also didn’t fit in with their game plan of a ball player at 10 and 12.

I would have thought that those who feel Ford and Toomua struggle in the same team together would be delighted and he is a more powerful runner ball in hand than Toomua
More powerful runner ball in had than Toomua ? I think not

Next you will be saying he is a better defender than Toomua. I know he is not!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm Yes he was injured at Wasps but he also didn’t fit in with their game plan of a ball player at 10 and 12.

Note the words I use a more powerful runner ball in hand. In explanation for you in traffic going into contact he is more powerful look at some footage then come back to me
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I really don't think Eastmond is the long term replacement for Toomua, he's just a (very talented) extra pair of hands in the centres, which I think everyone would agree is needed. So he didn't succeed hugely at Wasps? Well if he had, he probably wouldn't fit into our salary cap!

Toomua leaving in a year leaves us with a vacancy for a marquee signing, and as much as I'm disappointed to see Matt go, I'm very excited to see who we can find to fill that.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Eastmond is a miles bettering ball runner