Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Eastmond

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:51 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm
Robespierre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:02 pmMay the knockers get back into their holes and reserve judgment until he has several games under his belt.
Absolutely no chance, first sign of an error or not scoring a hat-trick and the hand-wringers will be out promoting their foresight and knowledge.

I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.

Needs to be given a chance over a period of time. Injury record or not, supposed attitude issues or not, if the price is right then he's potentially a quality addition, and if he works in harmony with Ford as he did before, all the better.
5p/50p moment is that the modern tanner / half crown for us old timers? :)
fentiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.
Damn decimalisation! Thrupenny bit, half a crown still sounds so much better! :smt023 :smt044
Whatever floats your boat Chobbsy, Fentiger on a similar trajectory.... but after 47 years I think 'New Pence' should be easily understood :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I'll put a couple of bob on Eastmond coming good for Tigers!
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:51 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Absolutely no chance, first sign of an error or not scoring a hat-trick and the hand-wringers will be out promoting their foresight and knowledge.

I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.

Needs to be given a chance over a period of time. Injury record or not, supposed attitude issues or not, if the price is right then he's potentially a quality addition, and if he works in harmony with Ford as he did before, all the better.
5p/50p moment is that the modern tanner / half crown for us old timers? :)
fentiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm I for one am happy to have Eastmond on board, always a player that tended to cause 5p/50p moments when he got the ball against us.
Damn decimalisation! Thrupenny bit, half a crown still sounds so much better! :smt023 :smt044
Whatever floats your boat Chobbsy, Fentiger on a similar trajectory.... but after 47 years I think 'New Pence' should be easily understood :smt002 :smt005
No
That's the old 1 shilling and 10 shillings! Youngsters! :smt052