Scrapping Matchday Programs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Scrapping Matchday Programs

Post by PGD »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:14 am To be frank, they ceased to be of any material interest since George Chuter's column ended once he retired. The rest is PR gumf for the most part. We're moving to a digital age so I can envisage that, one day soon, they will cut down the volume printed and bring in an online PDF version before phasing out completely.

Just my view, of course
I agree. I used to buy them for the team sheet & George's off-beat humour. But the team in the programme was often different from the one that ran out & when George's column stopped... well, what was left? JTC stuff, PR & the latest excuse for losing from the current coach & how we'd learnt & would be better next time.

The three quid I saved went towards a pint of Tiger, which was much more use & enjoyable.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

They used to be a great source of information and entertainment. And a great souvenir to boot. But no longer necessary. I haven't bought one for years. I'm sure Tigers will keep theirs for now though.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

What is the point of buying them. You just get annoyed wading through pages and pages of adverts and pictures, to find one "opinion" article. Does Chutes write a blog or tweet these days?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I doubt Chuter has the time, works for BBC RL on the odd occasion but is now the full-time head coach of Hinckley RFC.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:36 pm I doubt Chuter has the time, works for BBC RL on the odd occasion but is now the full-time head coach of Hinckley RFC.
Yes, but what made it relevant at the time was that the articles were invariably poking fun at his teammates for daft things that had occurred or been said at training during the week (as well as some funny current affairs snippets) - he no longer has that connection with the current Tigers players.