Toomua's Replacement

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toomua's Replacement

Post by chewbacca »

And thats going to encourage them to give their all. Different.
I'm not cynical just experienced
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 pm Looks like we are digging our heels in and forcing Toomua and TPN back on rest weekends if they are picked for the RC. Does this benefit anyone? Not for me.
Seems like a bit of sabre rattling from us to try and get them to not pick Toomua or TPN
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Well something has to give. Worse case scenario is they are both picked,we follow through with flying them back then ourselves and Oz both play two tired,jetlagged players not near their best!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 pm Looks like we are digging our heels in and forcing Toomua and TPN back on rest weekends if they are picked for the RC. Does this benefit anyone? Not for me.
Keep up at the back! Tigers said a few days ago that Toomua would be coming back during the Championship rest weekends.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Well I've only just read the article,mouthy!!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

If they clubs instagram posts are up to date TPN is still in Leicester
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Club pay their contracts I can understand the logic in having them here rather than over at Aus.

How many times do people complain about England players being broken in training why risk it with Aus if we don't have too, end of the day we don't care about aus rugby we get no benefit by having them play for Aus at least with England we are paid compensation when they are away, Aus rugby throw a spanner in the works for us with Toomua personally i'm glad Tigers are putting their foot down here.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:56 pm Club pay their contracts I can understand the logic in having them here rather than over at Aus.

How many times do people complain about England players being broken in training why risk it with Aus if we don't have too, end of the day we don't care about aus rugby we get no benefit by having them play for Aus at least with England we are paid compensation when they are away, Aus rugby throw a spanner in the works for us with Toomua personally i'm glad Tigers are putting their foot down here.
[my embolden]
I agree - it's important to 'put down a marker' for any future Aussie recruits.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:56 pm Club pay their contracts I can understand the logic in having them here rather than over at Aus.

[my embolden]
I mean if we sign a aussie you have to imagine they are not getting picked or we are paying enough that they are not focused about Aus.
Similar to NZ our relationship with the ARU and NZRU won't matter because we won't be able to sign players who are interested in playing for their country still.

Toomua was signed as a marquee player who would be available all season and the last minute things have changed perhaps it should highlight the importance of a player really thinking things though.

Also can't we get fined by Prem Rugby for not bringing them back?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:57 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 pm

[my embolden]
I mean if we sign a aussie you have to imagine they are not getting picked or we are paying enough that they are not focused about Aus.
Similar to NZ our relationship with the ARU and NZRU won't matter because we won't be able to sign players who are interested in playing for their country still.

Toomua was signed as a marquee player who would be available all season and the last minute things have changed perhaps it should highlight the importance of a player really thinking things though.

Also can't we get fined by Prem Rugby for not bringing them back?
Yes. Saints were fined for releasing North for a training weekend with Wales.