Disastrous for us, Genge injured

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Disastrous for us, Genge injured

Post by johnthegriff »

How many games are we losing TPN for? We managed without Genge for several matches last year and even won some of them, just as we lost some with him. At hooker we have Youngs, Kerr, Stevens and Mahoney for the squad when Polota-Nau is away. Let's get to the start of the season before the doomongers kick in, moaning before the full squad is announced, before we see how the team is performing is, in my optimistic opinion is premature!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

What's he actually done to his knee?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 pm Not really a disaster losing TPN, always thought it was going to happen, gives Mahoney and Kerr the chance to step up and it gives Tom Youngs a good chance too. :smt023
So losing a world class hooker as we have Mahoney and Kerr is therefore not a disaster? :smt017
I wouldn't call it a disaster. I'd say a disaster is something like hundreds of innocent people being killed, to give just one example.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:55 pm
sapajo wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 pm Not really a disaster losing TPN, always thought it was going to happen, gives Mahoney and Kerr the chance to step up and it gives Tom Youngs a good chance too. :smt023
So losing a world class hooker as we have Mahoney and Kerr is therefore not a disaster? :smt017
I wouldn't call it a disaster. I'd say a disaster is something like hundreds of innocent people being killed, to give just one example.
Oh dear. It's 'faux outrage' comments like this that convince me that I'm right to avoid responding to such posts. Which I'll now do.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wake me up when the season starts and there's some rugby to talk about.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

For the Tigers to succeed next season they will be reliant on all the squad turning up on the day, staying fit, and competing for the shirt. As disappointing as it is to lose top players the real rub is for the squad to get on with the job. This I believe, will happen? If it doesn't then the BoD, MOC and others really need to get a grip or get out?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:16 pm For the Tigers to succeed next season they will be reliant on all the squad turning up on the day, staying fit, and competing for the shirt. As disappointing as it is to lose top players the real rub is for the squad to get on with the job. This I believe, will happen? If it doesn't then the BoD, MOC and others really need to get a grip or get out?
Agreed, no one will care about injuries or call it a disaster if we win games of rugby.

I have a feeling there will be an edge to the forwards that we’ve not seen for a few years, partly due to Bakewells influence and coaching and partly so a few players can put a few misconceptions to bed.