Premiership Rugby Cup - Probably Rubbish Cup!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Premiership Rugby Cup - Probably Rubbish Cup!

Post by JP14 »

Fixtures have been announced we have Saracens, Worcester and Sale in our group plus an additional derby day with the Saints of course. The Sarries game is an away game at the end of October, then we’ve got the Warriors on Saturday, November 3 at 3.00pm and then Sale Sharks the following Friday on November 9 at 7.45pm, both are at Welford Road on successive weekends.

Round 4 (Derby Day) is in the New Year and that’ll be at the Gardens.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Probably Rubbish Cup

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I just saw Friday night game. That'll do for me! That's 3 now with LI,Sale and Gloc away,keep em coming!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Probably Rubbish Cup!

Post by JP14 »

We only had two Friday night fixtures (excluding preseason) last season, we could do with a few more this year!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 pm We only had two Friday night fixtures (excluding preseason) last season, we could do with a few more this year!
Cue the Saturday at 3pm brigade!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I love Saturday at anytime too,Sunday games should be banned! 😉
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

Does anyone know whether PRC is an under 23 competition like the Welsh replacement for AWC? I'd prefer to see that than just a second string league.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Why do people complain about an attempt to fill in the fixture lists during the AI and 6N windows. Some complain about Prem fixtures during the windows, some complain that the younger/development players are not given a chance and some complain about mickey mouse competitions. I have no problems at all with an attempt to fill in the fixture lists during the windows with a development competition but would prefer a rule which said a certain number of development players must be used at the start of each match each match. That way the development players get a chance to shine, I can watch a competitive game and have a few beers.
Hehehehehehehehe
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 am Why do people complain about an attempt to fill in the fixture lists during the AI and 6N windows. Some complain about Prem fixtures during the windows, some complain that the younger/development players are not given a chance and some complain about mickey mouse competitions. I have no problems at all with an attempt to fill in the fixture lists during the windows with a development competition but would prefer a rule which said a certain number of development players must be used at the start of each match each match. That way the development players get a chance to shine, I can watch a competitive game and have a few beers.
It's probably because some people on here aren't happy unless they're moaning.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I agree with trendylfj, I think the A league and this new cup should be under 23 competitions with the proviso that a few overage players can be used with the instruction that an overage prop should only be with the agreement of the opposition coach, I don't want to see gnarly old veterans v teenagers as that could be dangerous. I remember a few years back Julian White was recovering from injury and the opposition A league coach agreed to him playing for a limited time.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'd agree wholeheartedly with the u23 idea with perhaps only 3 recovering/overage players allowed full stop.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Because I believe it's a waste of time that's why!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

It's RWC year next year. We've already saw the stepup from England U20 to AP level and theres an even bigger step up from A league to AWC level which is then another level down from league level. I don't see how U23 type matches will gain the youngsters enough experience to step into the GP next season if needed. I like the way the Welsh have gone about it playing the Irish provinces A teams who are very good sides. As usual we blow smoke up each others bottoms and fall behind the curve!
Will 3 first team players make a difference?! With most of the AP teams playing as strong a team as possible in last year's AWC I'd be inclined to go the other way and say a max of 3 U23 players,I think the 3 would get more out of that than the 12 U23 just having an A league game with 3 first teamers in.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

All matches have to be won- that was the old Tigers’ attitude which I believe needs instilling in all of our teams. Furthermore, £500,000 up for the winners with prize money for each game won. Well worth winning and establishes the right attitude in all of the squad. That’s why Sarries are rightful champions- every competition is respected and targeted. Sorry folks but I hate losing any game at any level. I also saw the reaction of Ellis Genge and others when they beat Exeter in the Anglo Welsh final: the winners medal meant a lot and those that went thoroughly enjoyed the great spirit put in that day. Win the lot.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 pm All matches have to be won- that was the old Tigers’ attitude which I believe needs instilling in all of our teams. Furthermore, £500,000 up for the winners with prize money for each game won. Well worth winning and establishes the right attitude in all of the squad. That’s why Sarries are rightful champions- every competition is respected and targeted. Sorry folks but I hate losing any game at any level. I also saw the reaction of Ellis Genge and others when they beat Exeter in the Anglo Welsh final: the winners medal meant a lot and those that went thoroughly enjoyed the great spirit put in that day. Win the lot.
Exactly. That's what successful teams do. Win. Every Game.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives