LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Post by RagingBull »

looks likeSpencer, Wells, BOC, Mapapalangi all training today.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

smoke and mirrors? making sure they're fit for the start? was it full training though?
cheers
Rich
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:01 pm Lots of posts saying various players are or may be injured. Apart from Tuilagi, Kitchener and Evans recovering from operations does anyone have a definitive list of who is actually injured? According to what I read on here our back row and centres have been decimated. Does anyone have proof or are these just speculations / rumours?
A definitive list? As mentioned elsewhere, unless a player says otherwise, it should be medical-in-confidence, or none of our business.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Don't believe all you read good or bad, it would not be good policy to announce that a players operation on his right knee was expected to be ok so that opposition would know where to target their attentions. On match day fifteen blokes take the pitch wearing a Tigers shirt, there can be many reasons for some of our favourites not being one of them and it is none of our business why. Our job is to support the ones that are out there on the day.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:02 pm Don't believe all you read good or bad, it would not be good policy to announce that a players operation on his right knee was expected to be ok so that opposition would know where to target their attentions. On match day fifteen blokes take the pitch wearing a Tigers shirt, there can be many reasons for some of our favourites not being one of them and it is none of our business why. Our job is to support the ones that are out there on the day.

I couldn't agree more. Whoever they send out on the day I'll be right behind them as I always have been. I wasn't really expecting to see a full injury list either. I was just calling the bluff of those who claim to know that player x or y is injured based on speculation or hearsay.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Brendan Macken is more or less confirmed, I spotted him on the top row for the Tigers Squad Photo for this season, May posted it on his social media.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:03 am Brendan Macken is more or less confirmed, I spotted him on the top row for the Tigers Squad Photo for this season, May posted it on his social media.
Indeed he was, stood next to Voss.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I do really like the look of Voss,hope he comes back from Coventry bigger and better
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

JP14 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:03 am Brendan Macken is more or less confirmed, I spotted him on the top row for the Tigers Squad Photo for this season, May posted it on his social media.
Who’s the big guy far right in the second row? Fe’ao seems to be far left so it ain’t him.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:02 pm Don't believe all you read good or bad, it would not be good policy to announce that a players operation on his right knee was expected to be ok so that opposition would know where to target their attentions. On match day fifteen blokes take the pitch wearing a Tigers shirt, there can be many reasons for some of our favourites not being one of them and it is none of our business why. Our job is to support the ones that are out there on the day.
Well said John :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Who’s the big guy far right in the second row? Fe’ao seems to be far left so it ain’t him.
Ma’afu
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Does anyone know what happened to Leatigaga? Guessing he has signed for 19/20 season as we couldn’t negotiate an early release?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 pm Does anyone know what happened to Leatigaga? Guessing he has signed for 19/20 season as we couldn’t negotiate an early release?
I think the common assumption is he will arrive next summer and Ma'afu will then depart.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Here is the Gallagher Premiership Rugby In's and out's Season 2018-19.
This might fill in a few gaps that RagingBull's excellent listing had queries on.
I note Brendan Macken is still not assigned to a club.
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/2018-2 ... 19-season/
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Tigers website says this for Brendan Macken:
Brendan Macken joined Leicester Tigers from neighbouring Premiership club Wasps in the summer of 2018, on a two-month contract for July and August, in what was the Irish-born centre’s third English club after a stint at Gloucester on loan from hometown club Leinster during 2015.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/player/brendan-macken