LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

Post by TTRITH »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:27 pm I thought it was a Tolkien reference.. Followship of the wings
Okay, that made me laugh more than it should.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 pm Unfortunately I had to sit through years of meetings peppered with this sort of gibberish. Time I'll never get back.
Bit like watching Tigers lose at home to Worcs, then? :smt044
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 pm
jgriffin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:12 pm VOTC never knew that bit of corporate BusinessSpeak,guess I switch off when the politicians or the CEOs of school academies speak, as they largely know and say S.F.A
Unfortunately I had to sit through years of meetings peppered with this sort of gibberish. Time I'll never get back.
Yes, I know it all too well.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 4zti8.html

Means he may parts of the up coming season and be away for the Autumn Internationalsl?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Seems like JB thinks Eastmond has now 100% signed for Tigers.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Who’s JB?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Seems to confirm MT is staying this season but is going to play for Australia in the Bledisloe cup in Aug this year. That is a real blow to the start of the season and makes it more likely that KE will be signed very very shortly if not immediately.

Hehehehehehehehe
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am Seems to confirm MT is staying this season but is going to play for Australia in the Bledisloe cup in Aug this year. That is a real blow to the start of the season and makes it more likely that KE will be signed very very shortly if not immediately.

Yes, that backs up what's been rumoured the past week or so. He will be playing for us this season but will then break his contract early as he has changed his mind about playing for his country again and leave us at the end of this coming season. I am bewildered as to why he signed a 2 year contract extension with us until 2020 if his plan was to play in the World Cup!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:12 am
trendylfj wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am Seems to confirm MT is staying this season but is going to play for Australia in the Bledisloe cup in Aug this year. That is a real blow to the start of the season and makes it more likely that KE will be signed very very shortly if not immediately.

Yes, that backs up what's been rumoured the past week or so. He will be playing for us this season but will then break his contract early as he has changed his mind about playing for his country again and leave us at the end of this coming season. I am bewildered as to why he signed a 2 year contract extension with us until 2020 if his plan was to play in the World Cup!
Agreed, the only positive I can see is we should be getting a boatload of cash from the ARU and Rebels so we can go out and sign another Marquee
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I am not bewildered at all! Circumstances change as do players minds,there is no greater honour than playing for your country,and it's a WC to boot. Good luck Matt! Over to you board!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 am

Agreed, the only positive I can see is we should be getting a boatload of cash from the ARU and Rebels so we can go out and sign another Marquee
Who we probably wouldn't get full use of until January 2020. I'd imagine any marquee player we'd sign would be playing in the World Cup and if they are a Southern Hemisphere player, will have just finished a full season so will need rest time after the World Cup. So we have gone from having a world class player available to us for the next two seasons and during international periods to potentially having him for just one more season and then getting someone else, probably not as good, as there's not any better than Toomua, for half of the 2019/2020 season. Fantastic!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:20 am I am not bewildered at all! Circumstances change as do players minds,there is no greater honour than playing for your country,and it's a WC to boot. Good luck Matt! Over to you board!
I agree. There is no better honour than playing for your country at the World Cup so why the hell did Toomua choose not to do just that and instead signed a 2 year extension with us?!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:22 am
kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 am

Who we probably wouldn't get full use of until January 2020. I'd imagine any marquee player we'd sign would be playing in the World Cup and if they are a Southern Hemisphere player, will have just finished a full season so will need rest time after the World Cup. So we have gone from having a world class player available to us for the next two seasons and during international periods to potentially having him for just one more season and then getting someone else, probably not as good, as there's not any better than Toomua, for half of the 2019/2020 season. Fantastic!
The only 12 that could be as good is probably Crotty but who says we have to sign a 12?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Potentially I wouldn't mind a Marquee lock or even a Prop instead of Marquee IC.
I can think of a few IC that could do a very good job and wouldn't be marquee type wages.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Effectively we only get one and a bit seasons to enjoy MT and potentially compromise the coming season. A conspiracy of events which would be terminal for the management of many organisations.
I'm not cynical just experienced