Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallagher Premiership Rugby?

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:06 pm We have a better squad than last season. Everyone at the club I think understands that last season the results were not acceptable. So hopefully they will put things right. Fingers crossed.
Clearly not everyone otherwise Glynn and O’Connor would’ve got the sack.
Come on we’re not a wendyball club. No doubt if things aren’t great next season though we may see some outgoings.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Anyone fancy a 🍺 at the LI game?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:06 pm We have a better squad than last season. Everyone at the club I think understands that last season the results were not acceptable. So hopefully they will put things right. Fingers crossed.
Clearly not everyone otherwise Glynn and O’Connor would’ve got the sack.
Yep, my view too. I think the 'senior players' cabal may be a significant factor alongside Whopper and Rory.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Anyone know why the regular season finishes on 18 May? It was the 5th last season!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:03 pm Anyone know why the regular season finishes on 18 May? It was the 5th last season!
Perhaps a rescheduling in the Heineken Cup?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

No Leicestertinytiger, we’re not a wendy ball club which is why I never advocated the sacking of MOC mid-season as I believed that he should always have been given the chance to see out the full season. However following our shocking home defeats to Northampton and Newcastle at the end of the season, it was evident that O’Connor was not for the job and that Glynn was horrifically out of depth and the reason for most of our problems, despite the victory at Sale the following week.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

MoC might surprise us JP you never know,I doubt it though! I'm gonna channel my optimistic side right now though and say that we scored 3 tries in wins 4 times (happy to be corrected) and should've beat Newcastle as well as having BP wins in losses to Bath,Wuss and Saints. Now they are small margins but if they have come in we were close to a home semi let alone getting a playoff place! Whether the coaching staff learn from these mistakes and make the minor adjustments well we shall see. I don't believe in transition in rugby because every team is in transition in some way or another every season and I'm looking to see improvement by game 6, that's nearly a third of the domestic season and plenty enough to judge imo.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:03 pm Anyone know why the regular season finishes on 18 May? It was the 5th last season!
...with the Final on June 1st - Summer sport! :smt004
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

And it starts a week earlier too I believe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm MoC might surprise us JP you never know,I doubt it though! I'm gonna channel my optimistic side right now though and say that we scored 3 tries in wins 4 times (happy to be corrected) and should've beat Newcastle as well as having BP wins in losses to Bath,Wuss and Saints. Now they are small margins but if they have come in we were close to a home semi let alone getting a playoff place! Whether the coaching staff learn from these mistakes and make the minor adjustments well we shall see. I don't believe in transition in rugby because every team is in transition in some way or another every season and I'm looking to see improvement by game 6, that's nearly a third of the domestic season and plenty enough to judge imo.
I’m happy to be optimistic too for the time being, onto the preseason opener against Cardiff where I hope to see the U20s!!!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

You going to Cardiff? You at the LI game?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm MoC might surprise us JP you never know,I doubt it though! I'm gonna channel my optimistic side right now though and say that we scored 3 tries in wins 4 times (happy to be corrected) and should've beat Newcastle as well as having BP wins in losses to Bath,Wuss and Saints. Now they are small margins but if they have come in we were close to a home semi let alone getting a playoff place! Whether the coaching staff learn from these mistakes and make the minor adjustments well we shall see. I don't believe in transition in rugby because every team is in transition in some way or another every season and I'm looking to see improvement by game 6, that's nearly a third of the domestic season and plenty enough to judge imo.
I don’t think you can argue next season Tigers are in transition. They have a settled coaching team with a full pre-season together. The team is also settled with only a few changes to the predicted starting XV. So there should be no excuses and I fully expect heads to roll if we don’t get the results we want.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We are going to Cardiff, can't make LI as on hols, and have break in Exe (visit Mum and me family of Chiefs fans) at the end of this month, so no Sandy Park this year. AND we have to wait till Xmas for Briz (visit Aunty) and Feb for Wuss. But we have a good run in at the end of the season. Trying to do the sums and work the ££ for ST against tickets, last year tickets would've shaded it.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Joining in on the final table prediction, here's mine:

Exeter
Saracens
Leicester
Wasps
Newcastle
Bath