Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm

I forgot about Mata! How could I? :smt005 unless he's coming in straight away to cover Watson at the RWC? I think Smith is too good to be a squad player though

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Doubt Smith will be in Erasmus plans?
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Catt joining Farrell at Ireland.

brooksey845
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by brooksey845 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:51 pm

AngusMcCoatup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 am
brooksey845 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 pm
Tonks and Hamilton would be decent signings i think for us. Give us good depth in positions needed.
Yes Luke Hamilton was a good player at Tigers and what ever the reason he left, ~ in my mind he had more to offer in another season with us, but he joined Cockers in Edinburgh. In December v Glasgow he sustained a serious brain injury and was 10 weeks out, Edinburgh released him and he has taken a short term contract in Osaka Japan NTT DoCoMo. However the article in the press about his time in France with headbutting ,drinking & detention is a worry.
He talks about Tigers despite being on the short bench! I hope he does well but given his injuries it would be a NO NO for a return to Tigers, there again he has returned to play and I wish him well, hoping David Denton makes a successful and safe recovery also. :smt023

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/luke-ham ... butted-me/
Didn't realise this had happened so I agree with you.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Dangerous4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 pm

brooksey845 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:51 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 am
brooksey845 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 pm
Tonks and Hamilton would be decent signings i think for us. Give us good depth in positions needed.
Yes Luke Hamilton was a good player at Tigers and what ever the reason he left, ~ in my mind he had more to offer in another season with us, but he joined Cockers in Edinburgh. In December v Glasgow he sustained a serious brain injury and was 10 weeks out, Edinburgh released him and he has taken a short term contract in Osaka Japan NTT DoCoMo. However the article in the press about his time in France with headbutting ,drinking & detention is a worry.
He talks about Tigers despite being on the short bench! I hope he does well but given his injuries it would be a NO NO for a return to Tigers, there again he has returned to play and I wish him well, hoping David Denton makes a successful and safe recovery also. :smt023

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/luke-ham ... butted-me/
Didn't realise this had happened so I agree with you.
No, neither did I. Wish him well though.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7259
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by RagingBull » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:58 am

On Kwagga smith https://www.rugbypass.com/news/edinburg ... -term-deal

Great player would love him here but not on those terms.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:19 pm

It makes sense that he is only World Cup cover.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:35 am

Marcell Coetzee and Cobus Reinach recalled to a Springboks training camp after international wilderness, both deserved call ups as well as that of Toulouse’s uncapped Elstadt.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

glenn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:48 am
Location: leicester Crumbie Stand/ Captains bar

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by glenn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:07 am

Defensive coach brad Davis has joined London irish

happywomble
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by happywomble » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 pm

Gosh, I remember Javiah Pohe! He has signed for Plymouth.

http://www.plymouthalbion.com/latest-ne ... viah-pohe/

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Cooper Vuna has signed for Newcastle!
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by strawclearer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 pm

The NZ Radio Sport Breakfast can confirm Warren Gatland will coach Chiefs Rugby in 2020, 2022 and 2023, with a year off to coach the British and Irish Lions in 2021.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/a ... d=12244679

Must be his way of saying he wants the AB job.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

ABClub
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by ABClub » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:54 am

happywomble wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 pm
Gosh, I remember Javiah Pohe! He has signed for Plymouth.

http://www.plymouthalbion.com/latest-ne ... viah-pohe/
South Leicester got relegated from the national leagues this season but Pohe was meant to be a shining light for them in a poor season.

It will be interesting to see how he does at Plymouth, they did well last season but Nat 1 is a brutally long season. Pohe looked a potential wrecking ball at one point.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 am

strawclearer wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 pm
The NZ Radio Sport Breakfast can confirm Warren Gatland will coach Chiefs Rugby in 2020, 2022 and 2023, with a year off to coach the British and Irish Lions in 2021.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/a ... d=12244679

Must be his way of saying he wants the AB job.
Was very surprised at this, still quite a good team at the Chiefs: All Blacks Cane, Retallick, Lienert-Brown, McKenzie as well as the up-and-coming Fijian No 8 Pita Gus and Canadian Tyler Ardron.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 am

According to a mate in NZ Gatland will NEVER get the AB job ,he couldn't emphasize it enough.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests