Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by TTRITH »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:09 pm
TTRITH wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:57 pm Clifford linked to Exeter by Insideline.

Would add weight to Evans to Quins.
I’ve stopped following him as he chats so much rubbish. I would imagine with O’Connor leaving for Japan, Evans will stay to fight for the starting shirt.

Only reason he hasn’t played much recently is through illness and injury, when he’s fit he’s normally playing for us.
Not disagreeing (with any of that actually), but with them both out of contract, it wouldn't be us letting him go. With Reffell coming up, and I'd imagine GT taking over as first choice, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Letting Evans go would be ridiculous! I hope it's nonsense!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 pm Who the warrior?! No thanks,quite possibly the most overrated player ever!!!
My youngest played in schools with him and had the same opinion ever since. :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The love in for him is sickening too,he's a shoein for the 6N team of the week and team of the tournament no matter how pish he plays and he's never a Lion imo! I remember when the SA bogeymen Botha and Matfield bullied him and Simon Shaw had to come and save him in 09! :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:36 pm Letting Evans go would be ridiculous! I hope it's nonsense!
Who says Tigers are "letting" him go. Maybe he wants to move.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TTRITH wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:14 pm
TTRITH wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:57 pm Clifford linked to Exeter by Insideline.

Would add weight to Evans to Quins.
I’ve stopped following him as he chats so much rubbish. I would imagine with O’Connor leaving for Japan, Evans will stay to fight for the starting shirt.

Only reason he hasn’t played much recently is through illness and injury, when he’s fit he’s normally playing for us.
Not disagreeing (with any of that actually), but with them both out of contract, it wouldn't be us letting him go. With Reffell coming up, and I'd imagine GT taking over as first choice, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility.
Guy Thompson is already 31. He's a great player but realistically by the end of his two year contract he's not going to have much left in the tank. He'll be 33 in a position of high attrition.

We should be looking to promote Evans into at least sharing the first team role in rotation to show him we're a serious option for his future. Get him a four year contract. If BOC leaves this summer then so be it we have Evans, Thompson and Reffell. If we can keep Thompson for two seasons after this to bring the two younger lads on through that will be some nice progression as there's some academy lads developing behind Reffell as well.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That sounds like proper planning though Sam!!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Guy Thompson is already 31. He's a great player but realistically by the end of his two year contract he's not going to have much left in the tank. He'll be 33 in a position of high attrition.

We should be looking to promote Evans into at least sharing the first team role in rotation to show him we're a serious option for his future. Get him a four year contract. If BOC leaves this summer then so be it we have Evans, Thompson and Reffell. If we can keep Thompson for two seasons after this to bring the two younger lads on through that will be some nice progression as there's some academy lads developing behind Reffell as well.
Maybe we are going to do that now he's back from injury. He hasn't been playing due to being injured. He's starting ahead of BOC tomorrow so maybe Murphy is making a point that he has a future here.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:32 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Maybe we are going to do that now he's back from injury. He hasn't been playing due to being injured. He's starting ahead of BOC tomorrow so maybe Murphy is making a point that he has a future here.
Well he's been back from injury for a few weeks without featuring much. Looked great off the bench last weekend so it's good to see Murphy is rewarding him with a start. I don't think BOC is fully fit given Murphy's tendency to bench him when possible in recent weeks so that might be playing a part as well.

Hopefully Evans lays down a marker and gets a run to set his stall out. Bags a new contract and continues to develop here.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don't forget it was this fixture where he made his debut taking Kvesic to the cleaners ,let's hope there's a repeat of that!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Evans has had a smell of first team rugby, he wont want to hang around waiting, he will want first team now! So BOC or GT has to go (both are very injury prone) or Evans will be away. I think it has to be BOC who goes, GT is better player.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's looking like Evans will be replacing Clifford at Quins,big mistake if we lose him. He will be another who will thrive!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would be a big loss to lose Evans.
But on the positive we have a big pipeline of academy back rowers coming up.

How Evans could've been expecting more starts despite him only being back from injury a just over a month ago after a massive injury break I'm really not sure. Not that much more Tigers could've done to keep him on the whole.

See how he goes today.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I think we have to be careful how we play this one out because I think Reffell will go at some point soon,to lose both would be criminal!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Welsh will be after Reffell, hopefully EJ will do us a favour and perhaps cap him in a WC warm-up game.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni