Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2970
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by ourla » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 am

BFG wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:34 am
strawclearer wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:32 pm
ourla wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I think you are reading too much into a totally innocous situation. We will be a better team when both of them are back on the park that is for sure.
I think we were both being slightly tongue-in-cheek there and, of course, their return is very much looked forward to!
Slightly tongue-in-cheek indeed it was, something that seems a little lost on many these days.
It's only a game and much more important things to be bothered about.
I do this just for a laugh as I don't get many since my missus removed all the mirrors from the house!
Are you say I'm T E N S E !!!!!

:smt002 :smt003 :smt030
You're either in or you're out

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 am

Sam Simmonds injured for six months and Jonny Hill injured for a lengthy period too, Simmonds injury doesn’t really affects us might see the recall of Morgan which would be great but Hill’s injury means when Spencer returns or even Mike Williams (he deserves it too) they have less competition for EPS places.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3072
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by sam16111986 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:00 pm

JP14 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 am
Sam Simmonds injured for six months and Jonny Hill injured for a lengthy period too, Simmonds injury doesn’t really affects us might see the recall of Morgan which would be great but Hill’s injury means when Spencer returns or even Mike Williams (he deserves it too) they have less competition for EPS places.
There's a lot of locks for England to choose from. Lawes, Launchbury, Itoje will all be in there and then Attwood, Slater, Kruis and Isiekwe. Can't see Williams making it, Spencer might have made it had the ban not ruled him out for so many games.

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:00 pm
JP14 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 am
Sam Simmonds injured for six months and Jonny Hill injured for a lengthy period too, Simmonds injury doesn’t really affects us might see the recall of Morgan which would be great but Hill’s injury means when Spencer returns or even Mike Williams (he deserves it too) they have less competition for EPS places.
There's a lot of locks for England to choose from. Lawes, Launchbury, Itoje will all be in there and then Attwood, Slater, Kruis and Isiekwe. Can't see Williams making it, Spencer might have made it had the ban not ruled him out for so many games.
Don’t forget Stooke, criminally underrated and has always played well for England whenever given the chance against the Barbarians.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Stooke, Slater and Spencer are deserving of an England place, Atwood and Kruis aren’t.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

4071
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:21 am
Location: London

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by 4071 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:50 pm

JP14 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm
Stooke, Slater and Spencer are deserving of an England place, Atwood and Kruis aren’t.
Yet Attwood starts for Bath ahead of Stooke. He's in very good form again. The sort of form that got him a call up a few years back. His time may have passed and England aren't short of other options, but Attwood is close to his best.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3497
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by strawclearer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Bath Rugby confirm that Taulupe Faletau broke his arm during last week’s Gallagher Premiership fixture against Exeter Chiefs.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Stephen18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Stephen18 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:33 am

Courtney Lawes has re-signed for northampton until 2021, shame I was hoping all the talk of Etzebeth, was a smoke screen so we could put in an offer to Lawes to bring him up the m1.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3497
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by strawclearer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Fissler saying "Michele Campagnaro moving from Exeter Chiefs to Wasps will be announced in the next 24-48 hours"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:41 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm
Fissler saying "Michele Campagnaro moving from Exeter Chiefs to Wasps will be announced in the next 24-48 hours"
An excellent player hampered by injury recently. Italy especially have really missed him.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3497
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by strawclearer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:41 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm
Fissler saying "Michele Campagnaro moving from Exeter Chiefs to Wasps will be announced in the next 24-48 hours"
An excellent player hampered by injury recently. Italy especially have really missed him.
Fiss further comments "Just to make it clear Michele Campagnaro has been paid up by Exeter and the move to Wasps is for this season"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3497
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by strawclearer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 am

Nathan Hughes set for £500,000 a year move to Bristol - story on @MailSport now.

If true - that's a real blow to Wasps!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4824
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by WhitecapTiger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 am

strawclearer wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 am
Nathan Hughes set for £500,000 a year move to Bristol - story on @MailSport now.

If true - that's a real blow to Wasps!
Bristol Raid Wasps.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... istol.html
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 am

strawclearer wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 am
Nathan Hughes set for £500,000 a year move to Bristol - story on @MailSport now.

If true - that's a real blow to Wasps!
I think that’s because the All Blacks are luring Luatua back to the country. Bristol need some props and another flyhalf.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:16 pm
Location: London

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by TomWeston » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:35 am

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 am
strawclearer wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 am
Nathan Hughes set for £500,000 a year move to Bristol - story on @MailSport now.

If true - that's a real blow to Wasps!
Bristol Raid Wasps.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... istol.html
Do you think they will be getting Jordan in part exchange?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kpj tiger and 2 guests