Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by ABClub »

O'Gara has a great reputation for a young coach. It will be interesting to see how he does as a head coach.

There's still no news on whether Joe Worsley will continue at Bordeaux. He was named head coach on a temporary basis after Rory Teague left but there's been no news of whether he will continue.

Worsley would be a terrific appointment as defence coach here. Him and Brett covering defence and breakdown work across the set-up would be a good position to be in.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ABClub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 pm O'Gara has a great reputation for a young coach. It will be interesting to see how he does as a head coach.

There's still no news on whether Joe Worsley will continue at Bordeaux. He was named head coach on a temporary basis after Rory Teague left but there's been no news of whether he will continue.

Worsley would be a terrific appointment as defence coach here. Him and Brett covering defence and breakdown work across the set-up would be a good position to be in.
No, no news yet. Christophe Urios will be in charge of Bordeaux preparing for the new season, so where does that leave Worsley?
Surely he must be a prime candidate as defence coach for Tigers, or will he be looking for a head coach position somewhere else?
Semper in excretia
glenn

Post by glenn »

Stephen larkham signs for munster as head coach
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

glenn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 am Stephen larkham signs for munster as head coach
Johann van Graan remains Head Coach I think, Larkham joining as a Senior Coach (A bit like Stuart Lancaster's title at Leinster I guess.)

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... until-2022
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The Warrior named the world's best player in a Top 100 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm The Warrior named the world's best player in a Top 100 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
I stopped reading when they placed Reinach in the 90s but it was nice to see them counting the women and the sevens too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm The Warrior named the world's best player in a Top 100 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
I stopped reading when they placed Reinach in the 90s but it was nice to see them counting the women and the sevens too.
He's got some kind of mythical standing and magical hold over the game. He's guaranteed to get in the 6N TOTW every week no matter how he plays,he gets all these accolades and i just don't see it. I'd take both NZ locks,all 4 England's and Ryan from Ireland over him all day and that's only scratching the surface! He must be a tremendous leader,perhaps the best ever because he can't carry,he's got no breakdown skills to speak off,he's not a dominant tackler,don't see any offloading game like say Retallick,lineout I'll give you but there's better out there I just want people to explain what they see.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm
He's got some kind of mythical standing and magical hold over the game. He's guaranteed to get in the 6N TOTW every week no matter how he plays,he gets all these accolades and i just don't see it. I'd take both NZ locks,all 4 England's and Ryan from Ireland over him all day and that's only scratching the surface! He must be a tremendous leader,perhaps the best ever because he can't carry,he's got no breakdown skills to speak off,he's not a dominant tackler,don't see any offloading game like say Retallick,lineout I'll give you but there's better out there I just want people to explain what they see.
I think the difference is that everyone has a different perception of a high work rate. Personally Jones throws one offload and he’s named as the Six Nations Player of the Championship, it’s just beggar’s belief.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm

I think the difference is that everyone has a different perception of a high work rate. Personally Jones throws one offload and he’s named as the Six Nations Player of the Championship, it’s just beggar’s belief.
I wouldn't take him over EE,LDJ,Mostert or Snyman either,there's another 4 second rowers. Snyman for me has been one of Super Rugby's best players this season,superb performances!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Who is EE....please can we use player names rather than initials....not everyone is familiar with all players.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sorry Tigerbeat,Eben Etzebeth
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

brooksey845 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 pm Tonks and Hamilton would be decent signings i think for us. Give us good depth in positions needed.
Yes Luke Hamilton was a good player at Tigers and what ever the reason he left, ~ in my mind he had more to offer in another season with us, but he joined Cockers in Edinburgh. In December v Glasgow he sustained a serious brain injury and was 10 weeks out, Edinburgh released him and he has taken a short term contract in Osaka Japan NTT DoCoMo. However the article in the press about his time in France with headbutting ,drinking & detention is a worry.
He talks about Tigers despite being on the short bench! I hope he does well but given his injuries it would be a NO NO for a return to Tigers, there again he has returned to play and I wish him well, hoping David Denton makes a successful and safe recovery also. :smt023

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/luke-ham ... butted-me/
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm Who is EE....please can we use player names rather than initials....not everyone is familiar with all players.
Oh! come on Tigerbeat, EE has got a distinguished broadband! :smt043
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rather have someone like LM instead of LH back again if we needed a IR for DD.

Dream world it would be someone like ED or LS, shame that AM had that massive issue last year as he was my choice 8 if I could’ve picked one although not sure MF being here next season would help in signing him!

A starting back row of JT, GT and HL would be a very good back row, but with every it’s more about depth although TR looks very good.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm Rather have someone like LM instead of LH back again if we needed a IR for DD.

Dream world it would be someone like ED or LS, shame that AM had that massive issue last year as he was my choice 8 if I could’ve picked one although not sure MF being here next season would help in signing him!

A starting back row of JT, GT and HL would be a very good back row, but with every it’s more about depth although TR looks very good.
Would you give SL a go RB, he is quick you know!