Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 »

Just a rumour I'm afraid
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I saw the rumour about Cooper in a Bristol news piece.
It annoys me that the young English kids are expected to be whiter than white coming through, I've heard about youngsters being thrown out of clubs for being in nightclubs after curfew (teenage youngsters seek good time - shock and horror) and then they import worse attitudes who are supposed to be more mature being that bit older.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Sale Sharks sign JL and Dan Du Preez, good bit of business for them. Their squad is shaping up to have a monstrous SA pack.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:02 am Sale Sharks sign JL and Dan Du Preez, good bit of business for them. Their squad is shaping up to have a monstrous SA pack.
Kinda leaves one of the Curry's and Strauss out in the cold a bit as far as their back row is concerned
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Once again I am in agreement with BFG, for me team spirit starts with young single guys going out on the town with their team mates, of course at a suitable time before a match or training, and with a blind eye being turned when necessary with discipline maintained. Imported outsiders brought in on bigger wages have to be able to justify their part in the team, too many fail to do that.
Point of interest, in theses changing times how soon before a phrase like " whiter than white " is deemed racist and censored?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:06 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:02 am Sale Sharks sign JL and Dan Du Preez, good bit of business for them. Their squad is shaping up to have a monstrous SA pack.
Kinda leaves one of the Curry's and Strauss out in the cold a bit as far as their back row is concerned
Should have said on loan until SR in 2020. Still good signings for them.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am
I hadn't seen it was only a loan till the start of the SR season, seems a bit of an odd move with that in mind
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Formidable pack! They have really signed some great players.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

With all this new investment and everybody spending up to the cap on SH players next season is going to be brutal! It's a shame we no longer gain any advantage from having by far the largest following.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am

I hadn't seen it was only a loan till the start of the SR season, seems a bit of an odd move with that in mind
It means they'll get them through the winter and acclimatise them before they sign longer term contracts next year. I presume the Sharks wouldn't grant an early release.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Dangerous4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Formidable pack! They have really signed some great players.
Yes they have signed many good players and most of them are on 3 year contracts to maintain a strong & coordinated team. None of these short contracts at Sale prices! :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I have a feeling that next season will be as strange as this one with new players having to be integrated into squads, and there’s will be at least a couple of big signings coming back from the World Cup injured
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great signings for Sale as it means they’ll be available during the World Cup- unless like Tomua for us this season, they suddenly get called up for South Africa. Sadly other clubs are signing players who are fit and have very good stats! I just hope our signings prove me wrong but STATs don’t lie as we saw from the 207 tackles made by Sarries v Leinster with hardly any missed ones!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Both twins most likely to sign full time contracts after next season with Sale.
Strauss will most likely be off.

That being said Jean Luc has a very good chance of RWC selection and SA rugby have said if they want a player they will be released by the club.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm With all this new investment and everybody spending up to the cap on SH players next season is going to be brutal! It's a shame we no longer gain any advantage from having by far the largest following.
You can have the best squad in the world, but you need the right coaches to make the individuals gel and play as a team whoever is starting, and whoever is on the bench or in the stands. Some coaches will manage it better than others, the most experienced having the best chance of knitting the disparate elements together.

How Tigers could do is anybody’s guess.
Valhalla I am coming!