New kits for next season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: New kits for next season

Post by watsonjm »

Anyone else pre ordered and had there money taken already?

I swear normally they dont take it till its shipped.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

As alluded to, by previous posters, is this the last season with KUKRI ?
Is ADDIDAS in the frame as new provider?
If so can we buy alternative kit for £15= as LCFC? :smt005
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This is the last season with Kukri, hopefully it’s Adidas but I wouldn’t mind Nike, Canterbury, Under Armour or Macron.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:09 am This is the last season with Kukri, hopefully it’s Adidas but I wouldn’t mind Nike, Canterbury, Under Armour or Macron.
One of the great traditional rugby brands... :smt002
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

wellstiger wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 am As alluded to, by previous posters, is this the last season with KUKRI ?
Is ADDIDAS in the frame as new provider?
If so can we buy alternative kit for £15= as LCFC? :smt005
The alternative white kit for LCFC is shockingly poor quality. For those of you that complained about Kukri and previous suppliers you should check that kit out if you're in town. Looks like it belongs in Primark.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Has anyone that pre-ordered had a dispatch email yet?

Tigers keep sending me emails saying it will be available from the store tomorrow. Having pre-ordered it i'm not overly impressed that it doesn't look like it'll be here for the game.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Haven't been impressed with a lot of Adidas and Canterbury's recent efforts for other teams, I wouldn't mind seeing what somebody like Kappa could do as an outside bet
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Frankly, I don't care who makes it, if only the shade of green could be revised. At night, or when wet or sweaty, the green is so dark it looks black. As a specs wearer, beyond the HW line the players then get lost against the woodwork/advertising/crowd.
A lighter/brighter shade of green would help ameliorate this.

I know people keep banging on about the Premiership requirement for a 'dark' and 'light' strip, yet other clubs seem able to interpret this with their traditional colours for their home kit, and many clubs turn up at WRd with anything but a 'light' colour.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JWM wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:19 pm Frankly, I don't care who makes it, if only the shade of green could be revised. At night, or when wet or sweaty, the green is so dark it looks black. As a specs wearer, beyond the HW line the players then get lost against the woodwork/advertising/crowd.
A lighter/brighter shade of green would help ameliorate this.

I know people keep banging on about the Premiership requirement for a 'dark' and 'light' strip, yet other clubs seem able to interpret this with their traditional colours for their home kit, and many clubs turn up at WRd with anything but a 'light' colour.
Dark green is closer to our traditional colour which is black.

Why would we ever go to light green when our new stands are dark green? That would almost be like Wasps who play in black but have sky blue seats.

Dark green is here to stay.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Traditional colour black?

Black may have been an early colour, but grassy green with red and white hoops is the traditional scheme for the majority of the Tigers' history, with either white or black shorts.

I don't doubt for a moment that anything I have to say will have zero influence on anything. And the present green might as well be black for all the difference it makes. Nevertheless, I am allowed my 2.1/2p worth, and I have explained why a more stand-out shade would be helpful, rather than just "I wish we could have the old colours back".
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

My ageing Tigers shirt has light green in it and my long memory can't find that any dark green or black ever existed.
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JWM wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:27 pm Traditional colour black?

Black may have been an early colour, but grassy green with red and white hoops is the traditional scheme for the majority of the Tigers' history, with either white or black shorts.

I don't doubt for a moment that anything I have to say will have zero influence on anything. And the present green might as well be black for all the difference it makes. Nevertheless, I am allowed my 2.1/2p worth, and I have explained why a more stand-out shade would be helpful, rather than just "I wish we could have the old colours back".
Some one got out the wrong side of the bed! I didn't say you couldn't have your say.

Light green may have been used for many years but dark green will be used for many years too. So in many years to come, people will say that dark green is Tigers traditional colour.

Many years ago when we changed to light green, people probably said that black was our traditional colour so probably made comments about light green, red and white being the wrong colour.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I like the new home kit and think it meets the required criteria.
It has bold stripes and doesn't look like a circus outfit.
It's darker and that means getting away with more beer.
A sad clown would not like it!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

My bed's fine thanks. Memory Foam.

My underlying point of that of visibility. Perhaps you have 20/20 vision? Not everyone does, but can still see. Near-black against a near-black background does not make for clarity, especially in the dark, with spotlights; rain makes it worse. In my own world I have had to go to all sort of training about the Equality Act (and its predecessors) and ensure that, as a service provider, we provide an equal level of service to non-disabled and disabled alike. Disabled has a legal definition, and it includes sight. Where a provision can be made, it should. That's the law anyway, which I suppose you may consider an ass.
ellis9 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Some one got out the wrong side of the bed! I didn't say you couldn't have your say.

Light green may have been used for many years but dark green will be used for many years too. So in many years to come, people will say that dark green is Tigers traditional colour.

Many years ago when we changed to light green, people probably said that black was our traditional colour so probably made comments about light green, red and white being the wrong colour.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JWM wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 pm My bed's fine thanks. Memory Foam.

My underlying point of that of visibility. Perhaps you have 20/20 vision? Not everyone does, but can still see. Near-black against a near-black background does not make for clarity, especially in the dark, with spotlights; rain makes it worse. In my own world I have had to go to all sort of training about the Equality Act (and its predecessors) and ensure that, as a service provider, we provide an equal level of service to non-disabled and disabled alike. Disabled has a legal definition, and it includes sight. Where a provision can be made, it should. That's the law anyway, which I suppose you may consider an ass.
ellis9 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Looks like Tigers and every team have got to change their shirts due to the Equality Act!

Unbelievable!