New kits for next season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New kits for next season

Post by kpj tiger »

1st time in a long while where I'm a big fan of both home and away kits, well done Kukri! :smt026
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Ah well looks like another year I won't be buying a classic shirt...playing one doesn't look too bad though

Why can't they realise we just want this https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/t ... -home-kit/

I moan everytime this year like a broken record but I really just want to buy a shirt that I can wear out and about like my 2009 one that doesn't look ridiculous..the fat stripes doesn't work with the classic especially having white at the bottom (that is just bad craic)
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 am Ah well looks like another year I won't be buying a classic shirt...playing one doesn't look too bad though

Why can't they realise we just want this https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/t ... -home-kit/

I moan everytime this year like a broken record but I really just want to buy a shirt that I can wear out and about like my 2009 one that doesn't look ridiculous..the fat stripes doesn't work with the classic especially having white at the bottom (that is just bad craic)
wasn't' the 16/17 one pretty similar to that?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

It was billed as that but was very poorly made with a white collar...until we get a decent company to make them they will always be substandard :smt012

But to give Kurki their dues these look well made it is just the classic home I find disappointing...the main kits look pretty good!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 am Ah well looks like another year I won't be buying a classic shirt...playing one doesn't look too bad though

Yes, with an all-black European and a nice light kit like the new away kit.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

That's not bad, looks like a proper Leicester kit.

What's up with the size charts in the shop online? Says XXL is 62.5 with no units. Pretty sure that's not inches, but 62 cm is about 24 inches.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Like them, but why do I have to wait til september?!?!?

Agree about the size chart, tells me nothing, so won't be able to buy one until I can get to the shop and I live in Leeds!!!
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

biffer wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:50 am That's not bad, looks like a proper Leicester kit.

What's up with the size charts in the shop online? Says XXL is 62.5 with no units. Pretty sure that's not inches, but 62 cm is about 24 inches.
I think its half the chest size in cm. So the large is 57cm which is 22" so a 44" chest which is about right for large

Stupidest way of sizing i have ever seen
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

watsonjm wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:51 pm
biffer wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:50 am That's not bad, looks like a proper Leicester kit.

I think its half the chest size in cm. So the large is 57cm which is 22" so a 44" chest which is about right for large

Stupidest way of sizing i have ever seen
Ah, I see. That's clear and transparent and in no way confusing whatsoever.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

They'll do.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

iceman_19 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:51 am Big fan. Traditional-ish style on the home shirts with a bit of subtle embellishment (the Tiger stripes). Favourite one for a while.

Away shirt is decent, perhaps a bit bland even with the purple, but better than some of the more recent shockers!
+1
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

I like it - I much prefer this than going down some 'quirky' route to be different. Kukri are bit pants but beggars can't be choosers.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Looks good in photos. I've pre ordered home strip.
I believe not available until 1st Sept. - poor...
First game of season is Exeter away on 1st Sept...If i'm wrong... sorry....but that surely doesn't give time to kit out supporters.

Home strip reminds me of the Barff away strip of previous season.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sorry Error
Away strip reminds me of Barff away strip of previous season
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:59 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:51 am Big fan. Traditional-ish style on the home shirts with a bit of subtle embellishment (the Tiger stripes). Favourite one for a while.

Away shirt is decent, perhaps a bit bland even with the purple, but better than some of the more recent shockers!
+1
Need to qualify this. It only applies to the front of the shirts, the backs are the same dog's breakfast as last year IMO.